Message Board Thread - "Minneapolis Blower Door and Duct Blaster System for sale"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Minneapolis Blower Door and Duct Blaster System for sale nn55nn 1/21/2011
Hello, I am out of this business and need to sell.
Actually, I never started the business. I performed two trial audits on my next door neighbor's homes and that was all it was used ever.

Minneapolis blower door Model 3
Age and condition: its about 2.5 yrs old, used twice; stored in my house entire time - in great shape. DG-700 pressure and flow gauge included;

Minneapolis duct blaster
Age and condition: about 2.5 yrs old, NEVER used, never even taken out of its bag! DG-700 pressure and flow gauge

Again, both look brand new.

Other:
* Tectite software
* padded fan case
* serial cable, USB to serial adaptor
* Ring C, for lower leakage new homes
* computer stand
* large and medium pressure pan (no pole)
* exhaust fan flow meter
* colored hose kit (195' hose in 5 colors)
* duct mask case with 6 rolls - never used

That was the original system I bought; paid $5402 for it.

Willing to throw in some weatherization manuals, audit books, that maybe handy for you as well. Those books alone are worth a few hundred dollars:

Requesting: $3,000.00 ; I'll even pay for shipping.

denniss@engineer.com
972-658-3167

Re:Minneapolis Blower Door and Duct Blaster System for sale nn55nn 1/25/2011
sold entire system today

Re:Minneapolis Blower Door and Duct Blaster System for sale donnakansascity 1/30/2011

Hi,

I am interested in your equipment as I am just starting out in this field.

I will complete most of my training by 2-28-11.

I am in the Kansas City, MO area.

Quick Questions:

Do you know the warranty on the equipment?

Why did you wait 2 years to sell?

Have there been any model advancements-enhancements in the last 3 years?

What books are you throwing in?

Thanks,

Donna

Re:Minneapolis Blower Door and Duct Blaster System for sale donnakansascity 1/30/2011
nn55nn wrote:
tire system today
Oh..I see you sold it.

Congrats,
Donna

Re:Minneapolis Blower Door and Duct Blaster System for sale nn55nn 1/30/2011
donnakansascity wrote:

I am interested in your equipment as I am just starting out in this field.

I will complete most of my training by 2-28-11.

I am in the Kansas City, MO area.

Quick Questions:

Do you know the warranty on the equipment?

Why did you wait 2 years to sell?

Have there been any model advancements-enhancements in the last 3 years?

What books are you throwing in?

Thanks,

Donna
I got shoulder surgery just after I got certified as a HERS rater.
I tried to get back into the field after I left, but it was difficult because of my business model.
I wanted something more than just blower door. I was aiming at trying to fix clients' duct systems.
Unfortunately, the education instructors were more like sales, and told be they believed I could touch ducts.
As it turns out, here in Texas I need to be licensed for it.

Here are the sources of energy audits (your competition)
- home inspectors; many of these are even adding infrared
- A/C (not all, very few actually)
- HERS and other energy audit companies; recent cooperations between HERS have been made with BPI, and now infrared is part of it. Frankly speaking, I think BPI certification appears to be the best.

My business model
included blower door, duct blaster and use the REMRate software provided through the group that monitored my HERS rating.
infrared, I became level II certified. Most are only level I.
and air balancing for duct systems

My biggest component for revenue was targeting duct systems, because its generally uneducated technicians putting in flex ducts anyway they can
And worse yet, almost no one even bothers to calculate the heating and cooling for each room of the house
its not until that demand is 'calculated' until you know what the minimum required air flow is for each room and therefore the system itself!
Seriously, this is a huge oversight of our government. All new houses and system swaps should require this.

Anyway,, yes I recently looked on the Minneapolis blower door web site and it looks like the very same system and the price seems to be the same as well.
Im not surprised by it. I can imagine that those systems would NOT need to change much. All the equipment looks exactly the same. Funny, that was the very same question I asked Minneapolis Blower Door.
So, this system they sell now is atleast 5 yrs old I believe, maybe older.

The homes during the training were very simple homes. But homes in my neighborhood were a bit more complex. gables, odd floorplans, etc.
It took me a long time to measure the houses. If you can simplify this as you measure, the better. Then entry in the software is easy.
The most time consuming part of this was measuring and drawing the floorplans.
Especially the drawing. BUt during my trial audits, they wanted much more detail in the drawings that are normally needed.
Atleast that is what I was told.

Re:Minneapolis Blower Door and Duct Blaster System for sale eastenstateshighperformancehomes.com 6/21/2011
Is the blower door still for sale? richswart1@hotmail.com

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012