Message Board Thread - "Inspecting UPS Systems"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Inspecting UPS Systems ldapkus 3/22/2011
I'm doing a thermal imaging inspection for the commissioning of a new UPS system in an office building this weekend. Does anybody have any tips/experience of any unique conditions I may encounter?

Re:Inspecting UPS Systems HarleyD 3/22/2011
After the unit has been initally started check all the connections on the batteries. This will be your first line of problems if there are loose connections. Second would be to check the incoming line for hotspots after the unit had been running for approx. a half hour. When the batteries are fully charged the load will have dropped off and your chance of finding loose connection will be much less.

Re:Inspecting UPS Systems jvoitl 3/22/2011
On 2 occasions I have found hot spots on the sides of the batteries indicating an internal resistance.

Re:Inspecting UPS Systems James Seffrin 4/11/2011
ldapkus wrote:
ng a thermal imaging inspection for the commissioning of a new UPS system in an office building this weekend. Does anybody have any tips/experience of any unique conditions I may encounter?
Dear Linas:

The topic of Infrared Inspection of UPS Systems has been previously covered in a Tip of the Week at our content-based website, IRINFO.ORG.

This Tip, and others like it, may be accessed for FREE at the following URL:

http://www.irinfo.org/tip_of_week_2011.html#t04042011

Hope this helps.

Jim Seffrin

Re:Inspecting UPS Systems ldapkus 4/11/2011
James Seffrin wrote:
Dear Linas:

The topic of Infrared Inspection of UPS Systems has been previously covered in a Tip of the Week at our content-based website, IRINFO.ORG.

This Tip, and others like it, may be accessed for FREE at the following URL:

http://www.irinfo.org/tip_of_week_2011.html#t04042011

Hope this helps.

Jim Seffrin
Thanks Jim, I appreciate you assistance.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012