Message Board Thread - "High Resolution Image Needed for Flyer"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
High Resolution Image Needed for Flyer Mobius01 4/15/2011
Hi,

Can someone please do me a favor and send me a high resolution image for a flyer that I am working on. I need a digial and IR image or a picture-in-picture image.

Thanks for your help.

Re:High Resolution Image Needed for Flyer blkexp98 5/6/2011
If this is for your own use as advertising i would consider taking my own image. Customers may find it misleading if they see a great high res image but receive a lower resolution image in their report. I understand the advertising aspect of it but also consider the expectations based on that.

I dont mean to sound rude or anything but i think taking a high quality image with your equipment would be a better route.

Re:High Resolution Image Needed for Flyer dandersen 5/6/2011
You can get a good quality scan with your camera if you concentrate on a subject with a high Delta-T.

I still use scans I took with a 120 x 120 camera.

There are so many "camera owners" out there that use other peoples scans (the Flir scan of the condo laundry leak is really getting "old").

As posted, you should be using your own work when depicting what you do. If you can't do a good scan, maybe you should not be doing the work your advertising...

Re:High Resolution Image Needed for Flyer Mobius01 5/6/2011
blkexp98 wrote:
is for your own use as advertising i would consider taking my own image. Customers may find it misleading if they see a great high res image but receive a lower resolution image in their report. I understand the advertising aspect of it but also consider the expectations based on that.

I dont mean to sound rude or anything but i think taking a high quality image with your equipment would be a better route.
I seriously dont think that I need a lesson on marketing 101 from you but just to clarify...

The reason why i needed a pic for my flyer is because I had already ordered a camera from FLIR and the delivery was taking longer than expected. I was in the process of designing my flyer and didnt want to wait until i get my camera and then wait for a good delta T to take an image that I can use for my flyer before i place an order for flyers. Asking on this forum for a good high resolution picture for just to be pro-active in meeting my business deadlines.

Also, using pictures on your flyers, brochures etc is not illegal as long as your endorse the source. Flir Canada allows this.

As far as customers are concerned, I am not sure about you but customer service is very important to me and to my business. The last thing i want to do it to deliver something of less value than promised.

It would probably be misrepresenting if I promise or show on my flyer that customer will get 640 x 640 image and i give them 120 x 120 which is seriously not the case here.

So lets not try to judge my intensions.

I have now got my own camera and I dont need any image from anyone which is why i didnt follow up on my post.

I dont like people telling me what to do.

dandersen wrote:
get a good quality scan with your camera if you concentrate on a subject with a high Delta-T.

I still use scans I took with a 120 x 120 camera.

There are so many "camera owners" out there that use other peoples scans (the Flir scan of the condo laundry leak is really getting "old").

As posted, you should be using your own work when depicting what you do. If you can't do a good scan, maybe you should not be doing the work your advertising...
I seriously dont think that I need a lesson on marketing 101 from you but just to clarify...

The reason why i needed a pic for my flyer is because I had already ordered a camera from FLIR and the delivery was taking longer than expected. I was in the process of designing my flyer and didnt want to wait until i get my camera and then wait for a good delta T to take an image that I can use for my flyer before i place an order for flyers. Asking on this forum for a good high resolution picture for just to be pro-active in meeting my business deadlines.

Also, using pictures on your flyers, brochures etc is not illegal as long as your endorse the source. Flir Canada allows this.

As far as customers are concerned, I am not sure about you but customer service is very important to me and to my business. The last thing i want to do it to deliver something of less value than promised.

It would probably be misrepresenting if I promise or show on my flyer that customer will get 640 x 640 image and i give them 120 x 120 which is seriously not the case here.

So lets not try to judge my intensions.

I have now got my own camera and I dont need any image from anyone which is why i didnt follow up on my post.

I dont like people telling me what to do.

Re:High Resolution Image Needed for Flyer dandersen 5/6/2011
And we are mind readers!

Call Brandon Clark he has all kinds of scans, some his, some not.

You can check your attitude at the door!

Yes, I am telling you what to do.
I don't give a crap what you like.
Get a life.

If you don't want advise, quit asking for help.
Go stick your hot head in a Canadian snow bank!

If we knew your situation from the start we could have just ignored your sorry butt from the beginning.

dandersen wrote:
are mind readers!

Call Brandon Clark he has all kinds of scans, some his, some not.

You can check your attitude at the door!

Yes, I am telling you what to do.
I don't give a crap what you like.
Get a life.

If you don't want advise, quit asking for help.
Go stick your hot head in a Canadian snow bank!

If we knew your situation from the start we could have just ignored your sorry butt from the beginning.
You are contradicting your own post. If you are not a mind reader then you should have kept your judgement about why i wanted the images to yoruself.

If you dont give a crap about what I like and dont like then "change the channel" and dont bother replying to my post.

Re:High Resolution Image Needed for Flyer saige.it 5/7/2011
if you want, i have a collage 3700x1700 pixel.
this is made little.
mail me, too big for upload.
no visual, made by bight.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012