Message Board Thread - "Cold Spot Uniformity Problems"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Cold Spot Uniformity Problems Lewisgf 7/21/2011
Hi all, the OLE system is now up and running great!

However I now have a problem with the camera selection. I have replaced an old AGEMA Thermovision 900 with a FLIR Thermovision A40M. The old camera was however, accurate to 1K/pixel, whereas the new one is only 2K/pixel.

In the old test, within the defined area, the minimum temperature must be no more than 8 degrees below the mean. To account for accuracy of the camera, I have had to make this stricter to 7 degrees.

However the new test fails repeatedly (by only 1.2 degrees!!!). Does anybody have any thoughts?

My only idea is that the new camera has a higher resolution and hence can pick out colder temperatures, could this be the case? If so, I believe the spec needs re-writing.

Thanks,

Lewis

Re:Cold Spot Uniformity Problems Lewisgf 7/21/2011
I should add to the above - I have set emissivity and reflected temperature and all other object parameters correctly such that the readings are all in-line with a calibrated thermocouple measurement!

Re:Cold Spot Uniformity Problems Gary Orlove 7/22/2011
Could you please elaborate on your application? For instance what is OLE?

And can you upload a thermal image from the 900 and the equivalent from the A40?

Re:Cold Spot Uniformity Problems Lewisgf 7/25/2011
Hi,

OLE was just refering to the 'object linking and embedding' function of the camera that I posted about a few weeks ago; i.e. the programatic automation of the A40.

The system looks at a heated window, plots some critical heating areas and compares them. For example the Total Heating Area Mean (where the THA is just a plotted area) must be no more than 8 degrees colder than the maximum temperature of the window.

Some example photos are uploaded below.

Thanks,

Lewis

Re:Cold Spot Uniformity Problems Lewisgf 7/25/2011
Having trouble uploading - could send via an email if interested?

Re:Cold Spot Uniformity Problems Gary Orlove 8/2/2011
IR images should upload fine. If you are trying to upload huge megapixel visual images, reduce the resolution to 580 horizontal pixels and try again.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012