Message Board Thread - "SPF Infrared Moisture Surveys"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
SPF Infrared Moisture Surveys David Wix 8/17/2011
Those who have experience with scanning foam roofs (SPF), how have you painted on the roof surface the wet areas detected during the survey, particularly on those roofs that have numerious small round wet covering a large area.

Re:SPF Infrared Moisture Surveys ron lucier 8/22/2011
I generally prefer to NOT paint wherever possible. Anecdotally I have heard that painting on a roof may affect the warranty but I am not sure this applies to a spray foam roof. I have been very successful using chalk, the type you can buy for children to use on sidewalks. In fact this lasts a very long time. I have one area I marked in 2003 on the FLIR building in Massachusetts that faintly shows today!

Re:SPF Infrared Moisture Surveys David Wix 8/22/2011
ron lucier wrote:
ally prefer to NOT paint wherever possible. Anecdotally I have heard that painting on a roof may affect the warranty but I am not sure this applies to a spray foam roof. I have been very successful using chalk, the type you can buy for children to use on sidewalks. In fact this lasts a very long time. I have one area I marked in 2003 on the FLIR building in Massachusetts that faintly shows today!
The paint that is used is water base paint, low VOC.

I was courious in knowing how other Thermographers paint the wet areas on SPF roofs they survey. Wet areas on SPF roofs can be numerious, and in fact, to many to paint at time.

Re:SPF Infrared Moisture Surveys ed@RBinfrared 8/23/2011
David Wix wrote:
ho have experience with scanning foam roofs (SPF), how have you painted on the roof surface the wet areas detected during the survey, particularly on those roofs that have numerious small round wet covering a large area.
I would agree with Ron Lucier regarding the marking of the roof.
However, marking all these spots may be avoided. If there are so many anomalies, perhaps secondary testing a percentage of them may satisfy the interested parties that the next step would be to scalp and and re-coat the foam.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012