Message Board Thread - "IR Camera Troubleshooting"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
IR Camera Troubleshooting Andry 10/10/2011
I often heard complaints from my friends who use Infrared Camera. They said, sometimes the camera will not save the pic at the memory card for unknown reason, even thought the unused space is still around 40% unused (they said they use 2Giga bytes SD Card).

Had anyone ever experience the same problem ??
Do I have to allocate more than 50% of the unused space before I start using the camera ??

One more question, but I ask this because I don't know about this. We know that we must not face the IR camera directly to the sun, because it will fried the sensor inside the camera, but can I face the camera directly to a strong UV light (the one that used to grow plants inside a windowless building / science lab) ??

Regards,

Andry

Re:IR Camera Troubleshooting Gary Orlove 10/11/2011
Can't say I have any experience with trouble saving to a memory card.

However, UV light shouldn't be a problem for most IR cameras.

Re:IR Camera Troubleshooting ron lucier 10/11/2011
Andry wrote:
heard complaints from my friends who use Infrared Camera. They said, sometimes the camera will not save the pic at the memory card for unknown reason, even thought the unused space is still around 40% unused (they said they use 2Giga bytes SD Card).

Had anyone ever experience the same problem ??
Do I have to allocate more than 50% of the unused space before I start using the camera ??

One more question, but I ask this because I don't know about this. We know that we must not face the IR camera directly to the sun, because it will fried the sensor inside the camera, but can I face the camera directly to a strong UV light (the one that used to grow plants inside a windowless building / science lab) ??

Regards,

Andry
The UV shouldn't be a problem, I agree with Gary.

One SD card may be the problem, not the camera. Try reformatting it. I have experienced the same issue in the past and after performing a full reformatting of the card the problem was solved. I don't remember the camera nor the card manufacturer and I think it only happened once but it fixed the problem.

Re:IR Camera Troubleshooting mgrajeesh 10/15/2011
Hi,

Question 1: While Inserting the Flash Card(After copy process to PC). The camera asks to select the directory, you have to make sure not to change the directory or pressing the OK button. If you are pressing OK button, the camera internal memory directory will be sselected.If you are using the camera without the external Flash memory then also it may happen.

Question 2: It's not advaisable to look the sun through the camera. It might damage the sensor.(This was told by my Trainer)

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012