Message Board Thread - "Molten Glass transmission?"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Molten Glass transmission? xbash 11/1/2011
Hello All,

I am trying to measure the temperature of molten glass bottle which is called gob.Assume is soda lime glass has anyone has information above the transmission of the glass as a function of temperature ? I know the tickness has a direct effect on the transmission but how about the temperature ?

A graph or some sort would be perfect
Many thanks

Re:Molten Glass transmission? Raphael ITC Eurasia 11/2/2011
xbash wrote:
ll,

I am trying to measure the temperature of molten glass bottle which is called gob.Assume is soda lime glass has anyone has information above the transmission of the glass as a function of temperature ? I know the tickness has a direct effect on the transmission but how about the temperature ?

A graph or some sort would be perfect
Many thanks

Hi
Unfortunately, I do not have such data in my base.
Assuming that temperature does not influence too much the transmission properties, surface measurement can be performed in both MW and LW. Any broadband LW camera is fine, just consider a reflection peak around 10 µm. For MW, you need to equip your camera with a filter, selecting a spectral region of opacity. This can be a high-pass having a cut-on wavalength at 4.8 µm (soda lime glass over 1.2 mm thick), or a narrow band pass at 5 µm (thin layers).

If you need more personal exchange, you can contact me directly at raphael.danjoux@flir.fr, or ask a question via the customer support site: http://flir.custhelp.com (login is needed but creating an account is free of charge).

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012