Message Board Thread - "DC and IR numbers on Camera"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
DC and IR numbers on Camera ChrisB 11/28/2011
Hello, does anyone else have the same problem as me? On site when you take a digital picture then infrared picture, the camera allocates the pictures DC177 IR178 (for example)but once you transfer images onto pc to create a report to pc re allocates the pictures 001,002 etc which when you take many pictures it is very difficult to label up the correct images Please, can anyone help???
 
Re:DC and IR numbers on Camera chicago infrared 11/28/2011
ChrisB wrote:
does anyone else have the same problem as me? On site when you take a digital picture then infrared picture, the camera allocates the pictures DC177 IR178 (for example)but once you transfer images onto pc to create a report to pc re allocates the pictures 001,002 etc which when you take many pictures it is very difficult to label up the correct images Please, can anyone help???
Your best bet is to compile a list on a sheet of paper, in a notebook, whatever and log the image numbers and locations as you do the inspection. On the more expensive imagers, you can create labels for each image in the camera itself.
 
Re:DC and IR numbers on Camera Top Gun 11/28/2011
Please let us know what operating system is running on your computer, and which software. What you say does not make sense since Windows will NOT rename files like that!
 
Re:DC and IR numbers on Camera jgagnon 11/30/2011
ChrisB wrote:
does anyone else have the same problem as me? On site when you take a digital picture then infrared picture, the camera allocates the pictures DC177 IR178 (for example)but once you transfer images onto pc to create a report to pc re allocates the pictures 001,002 etc which when you take many pictures it is very difficult to label up the correct images Please, can anyone help???
Hello ChrisB,

You might be using the Windows "Import Pictures" Wizard to transfer the images from the camera to the PC. This will rename the images as you describe. When you plug the camera or SD card into the PC you may see a window similar to the attached screenshot. DO NOT pick the option to "Import pictures and videos". Instead, click "Open folder to view files", or click Cancel and browse to the camera drive using Windows Explorer. This will allow you to copy/paste the images from the camera to any folder on your PC and they will not be renamed. Or, you can use the FLIR software like QuickReport or FLIR Tools (if you have a new E-Series or T600-Series). Both programs are freeware and can be downloaded from http://support.flir.com/.

Jason Gagnon
FLIR Systems, Inc.
Toll Free: 800-464-6372 (press 1, then 3)
Support: http://support.flir.com
Training: http://www.infraredtraining.com
 
Re:DC and IR numbers on Camera Register for ITC Message Boards 12/24/2011
ChrisB wrote:
does anyone else have the same problem as me? On site when you take a digital picture then infrared picture, the camera allocates the pictures DC177 IR178 (for example)but once you transfer images onto pc to create a report to pc re allocates the pictures 001,002 etc which when you take many pictures it is very difficult to label up the correct images Please, can anyone help???
The best practical way to recognize the images in pc and camera itself is "Voice Recording", if your camera supports it. Most cameras do support it. You only need to see the images from your camera's software though. After hearing what you have said you can save the image with whatever name you like.
 
Re:DC and IR numbers on Camera chicago infrared 12/25/2011
Register for ITC Message Boards wrote:
The best practical way to recognize the images in pc and camera itself is "Voice Recording", if your camera supports it. Most cameras do support it. You only need to see the images from your camera's software though. After hearing what you have said you can save the image with whatever name you like.
Use FLIR Quick Report to download your images. It saves the images in the "IR" and "DC" format.
 
Re:DC and IR numbers on Camera chicago infrared 12/26/2011
chicago infrared wrote:
Use FLIR Quick Report to download your images. It saves the images in the "IR" and "DC" format.
Oops, Jason explained it in the post above.
 


  • Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

     

  •   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012