Message Board Thread - " Why Makrolon and Tefal are transmittable for infrared radiation ???"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Why Makrolon and Tefal are transmittable for infrared radiation ??? Rabih 6/16/2004
i have been tell to use Makloron and Tefal as a cover for my Solar collector instead of Glass so that ill get no problem with Reflections but my question is why Makrolon and Tefal work good with IR Camera ??? Can you please tell me the Optical and chemcial properties of both .

Re: Why Makrolon and Tefal are transmittable for infrared radiation ??? JKEngineer 6/16/2004
Rabih -
I want to suggest that you consider another issue in your testing. It is unclear whether it will be an issue from your project description, you will need to evaluate it.

By changing the cover plate material from glass to something else you will change the heat transfer of the system. This will affect the radiation and conduction through the plate and therefore the temperatures of the pipes. If this is a factor in your work then you will need to:

make your measurements using the substitute plates,
correct the measurements analytically back to the conditions of the glass plates.

This can be done with a heat transfer model.

If this is a consideration for your work, then you need to worry about it. If you need help evaluating it, let me know, it is part of the services that I offer.

Jack
Jack M. Kleinfeld, P.E.
Kleinfeld Technical Services, Inc.
Infrared Thermography, Finite Element Analysis, Process Engineering

Bronx, NY 10463

718-884-6644
866-884-6644 toll free
212-214-0919 fax and voice mail

JKEngineer@aol.com or JKEngineer@KleinfeldTechnical.com
come see what we can do for you: http://www.KleinfeldTechnical.com

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums