Message Board Thread - "IR Camera Rental"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
IR Camera Rental DigitalStorm 5/25/2012
I am looking for a person in the San Francisco bay area who is looking to rent their infrared out to the company I work for.

If you are looking to make some extra cash, my company will pay for the rental of your camera for a day.

If you are interested please email me, rajeev@digitalstormonline.com

Re:IR Camera Rental DigitalStorm 5/29/2012
Just wanted to add some more information to this post.

My company builds computers and we are looking to do some thermal imaging of our systems under stress.

Again, if there is anyone in the San Francisco bay area who is looking to make some extra cash, we would like to rent your thermal imager for the day.

Re:IR Camera Rental chicago infrared 5/29/2012
DigitalStorm wrote:
nted to add some more information to this post.

My company builds computers and we are looking to do some thermal imaging of our systems under stress.

Again, if there is anyone in the San Francisco bay area who is looking to make some extra cash, we would like to rent your thermal imager for the day.
Do you have any infrared training or experience with thermal imaging equipment? You can rent thermal imaging cameras, but if you don't have any experience or training you will be wasting your money.

Re:IR Camera Rental DigitalStorm 5/29/2012
chicago infrared wrote:
Do you have any infrared training or experience with thermal imaging equipment? You can rent thermal imaging cameras, but if you don't have any experience or training you will be wasting your money.
Our company doesn't have anyone trained currently.

Can you explain further why it would be a waste of money to rent a thermal imager without somebody trained to read results? (I know this is probably a very stupid question, but I am new to this whole thing)

DigitalStorm wrote:
Our company doesn't have anyone trained currently.

Can you explain further why it would be a waste of money to rent a thermal imager without somebody trained to read results? (I know this is probably a very stupid question, but I am new to this whole thing)
It's nowhere as easy as it looks. You would be better off hiring a thermographer who has experience in electronics thermography.

Try these guys:
http://www.datacentir.com/ppm.html

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012