Message Board Thread - "Marine Surveyor Wanted"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Marine Surveyor Wanted WantedMarineSurveyor 8/29/2004
We are looking to import a used glass bottom boat to set up a small business in New Zealand. The boat is currently shrink-wrapped and in storage in the United States. Given that a significant part of our life savings will be invested in this boat we would like to make sure it does not have any serious problems with it. We now understand that infrared thermography is the only way we can really be sure. We would be much obliged if a marine surveyor using the technology could please email me on girish_anand_sobti@hotmail.com

Re:Marine Surveyor Wanted JKEngineer 8/29/2004
You should have more that just an IR performed. There are many marine surveyors around, many of whom do use IR, but also do more, which is what you need.

Where in the US is the boat currently located? I suggest that you do a web search for marine surveyors and PARTIALLY base your selection on geography.

I have had discussions in the past with a marine surveyor company located in the Maryland/Delaware area who seemed pretty sharp.
Jack
Jack M. Kleinfeld, P.E.
Kleinfeld Technical Services, Inc.
Infrared Thermography, Finite Element Analysis, Process Engineering

Bronx, NY 10463

718-884-6644
866-884-6644 toll free
212-214-0919 fax and voice mail

JKEngineer@aol.com or JKEngineer@KleinfeldTechnical.com
come see what we can do for you: http://www.KleinfeldTechnical.com

Re:Marine Surveyor Wanted (Issue Closed) WantedMarineSurveyor 8/29/2004
Thank you for the coaching there. We have drilled down into the issue further and believe we have it covered.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012