Message Board Thread - "Flash Thermography"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Flash Thermography NDT Tech 9/3/2004
I was wondering where I could get more information on the flash thermography kit that is shown in the IR for nondestructive testing found in the link section of this site. Specifically where I could get a flash heat source like that for the FLIR P-60 camera and what the cost factors might be.

Thanks

Re:Flash Thermography Gary Orlove 9/3/2004
Contact the folks at http://www.thermalwave.com . They should be able to help you out.

Gary Orlove
Infrared Training Center

Re:Flash Thermography NDT Tech 9/30/2004
Thakns for the site information Gary but the site doesn't tell me much about wether or not I can use their product with our existing camera or if we would have to purchase a new one for it. I sent an inquiry to them on this subject quite a while ago but still have not recieved a response back are their any systems that you know of manufactured by FLIR?

Thanks Jaie

Re:Flash Thermography Gary Orlove 9/30/2004
FLIR doesn't have any kits like this to add on to a camera. You can get the flashes at any high end photography store. But you need more than just a flash lamp, you need controlling software, data acquistion software and hardware, and analysis software. This is all pretty much custom stuff.

I know the Thermal Wave folks have adapted their system to many different cameras, the main things they need to change are the interface and perhaps the flash housing.

I will be seeing the President of Thermal Wave this week. I will ask him about your situation.

Gary Orlove
Infrared Training Center

Re:Flash Thermography NDT Tech 10/4/2004
Thanks Gary I shall await your return... If you would like you may give them my work e-mail and they could contact me directly thanks.

E-mail: scalf.je@forces.gc.ca

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012