Message Board Thread - "Water damage restoration"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Water damage restoration Gqry 10/30/2003
My company specializes in structural drying and dehumidification. I am interested to learn how IR technology might be helpful in moisture inspection within a structure. If you have experience in using IR to inspect for water or moisture in a building, I would like to hear from you.

Gary

RE:Water damage restoration Gary Orlove 10/30/2003
Hi Gary,

Please see the posts at http://www.infraredtraining.com/community/boards/thread/122/ for information regarding this subject.

Gary Orlove
Infrared Training Center

IR as a tool for water restoration scott 11/3/2003
Gary,
Yes, what a wonderful tool for moisture detection! We have been using the E series nonstop since our purchase. For the large loss it is a must. With a simple walk through, point and shoot, you can direct your crews to precisely where equipment is needed. Since the "wet" areas are captured as pictures, how can you go wrong? No more long log sheets of moisture readings. No missed wet areas out of reach for the typical protometer.
We were so excited with the possibilities that we have put together a class on the subject, designed for the restoration industry. The class by ITC and Building Science Institute is IR Building Science Applications (see Gary's prior post). We will have another class in January.

Building Sicence Institute? Tony C. 12/11/2003
Scott:

Please let me know who the princials are of the Building Science Institute. I have alos been doing some work in moisture detection within building enclosures and would like to know more about your program and courses...

Re:Water damage restoration steveh 9/5/2007
We have been using this technology for well over a year now and find it to be a necessity at this point. It's a great addition to all our service teams.
Water" target="_blank">http://www.localrestoration.com">Water Damage Restoration

Re:Water damage restoration steveh 9/5/2007
scott wrote:
Yes, what a wonderful tool for moisture detection! We have been using the E series nonstop since our purchase. For the large loss it is a must. With a simple walk through, point and shoot, you can direct your crews to precisely where equipment is needed. Since the "wet" areas are captured as pictures, how can you go wrong? No more long log sheets of moisture readings. No missed wet areas out of reach for the typical protometer.
We were so excited with the possibilities that we have put together a class on the subject, designed for the restoration industry. The class by ITC and Building Science Institute is IR Building Science Applications (see Gary's prior post). We will have another class in January.
We have been using this technology for well over a year now and find it to be a necessity at this point. It's a great addition to all our service teams.
http://www.localrestoration.com

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012