Message Board Thread - "Need High emissivity paint"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Need High emissivity paint mukund 10/12/2004
Hi,

I currently am performing some experiments as part of my doctoral program. There is a concrete surface about 10 meters in diameter. I need to coat/paint it or cover it with some material so that its emisivity is as close to one as possible-at least 0.95, and something like 0.97-0.98 if possible. The emissivity I refer to is in the infrared region (0.4 um to 40 um). Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I make my own paint using ‘lamp black’? If yes, I would appreciate some detailed instructions, as I don’t have much knowledge of paints, pigments, binders and such issues.

Also, what would be the best way to get very low emissivity (less than 0.2) and an intermediate emissivity (anywhere between 0.4-0.6) on this same concrete surface?

Re:Need High emissivity paint Manuel 10/12/2004
hi ..

did you check this link?
http://www.infrared-thermography.com/material-1.htm

there you will find some Paints emissivities,,

regards and good luck with project.

roberto cruz
thermoimagen

Re:Need High emissivity paint heatmover 7/14/2005
For the low emissivity end of your project, the one thing that came to mind immediately is electroless nickel but, for the size of your subject, it won't be cheap.

Re:Need High emissivity paint jvoitl 7/14/2005
I occasionally have the need to mark something so that it will stand out in an infrared image. I use foil backed duct tape. I have never measured the emissivity but figure from emissivity charts it is probably less than .1. If you don't need to cover the entire piece but just need some marks for comparison you may try this.

Re:Need High emissivity paint Michael 7/25/2005
Krylon

Black, White, Green, whatever as long as is the standard. It's all about .97 at ambient temps

Re:Need High emissivity paint john taspeel 3/25/2008
yes it is all about .97

http://www.waterdamageemergencyservice.com
http://www.localrestorations.com
http://www.localrestoration.com

Re:Need High emissivity paint Phil_H 11/17/2009
mukund wrote:
I currently am performing some experiments as part of my doctoral program. There is a concrete surface about 10 meters in diameter. I need to coat/paint it or cover it with some material so that its emisivity is as close to one as possible-at least 0.95, and something like 0.97-0.98 if possible. The emissivity I refer to is in the infrared region (0.4 um to 40 um). Does anyone have any suggestions? Can I make my own paint using ‘lamp black’? If yes, I would appreciate some detailed instructions, as I don’t have much knowledge of paints, pigments, binders and such issues.

Also, what would be the best way to get very low emissivity (less than 0.2) and an intermediate emissivity (anywhere between 0.4-0.6) on this same concrete surface?
I am too trying to find some high emissivity paint. Did you ever find anything? All the paint types referenced don't seem to be made any more?

Re:Need High emissivity paint jvoitl 11/17/2009
Try Krylon flat white #1502. It's about .992.

Re:Need High emissivity paint m.i.r.thermography 1/11/2010
I would use BBQ paint for the high emissivity.

Re:Need High emissivity paint VISON 10/29/2010
mukund wrote:

Hi
I dont know if I am late in ansering your query. But I am representing a company which manufactures Heat reflecting paint which increases emissivity of the surfaces. I am enclosing here with my catalogues for your reference. You can call me on 09820464581 for any further queries. Thanks
Mahesh Mahaddalkar

Re:Need High emissivity paint VISON 10/29/2010
mukund wrote:

Hi
I dont know if I am late in ansering your query. But I am representing a company which manufactures Heat reflecting paint which increases emissivity of the surfaces. I am enclosing here with my catalogues for your reference. You can call me on 09820464581 for any further queries. Thanks
Mahesh Mahaddalkar

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012