Message Board Thread - "post-Tsunami reconstruction"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
post-Tsunami reconstruction Scott Willits 1/4/2005
I've been wondering about the need for thermographers throughout the region struck by last week's tsunami once they get into reconstruction mode and begin trying to get the grid up and running again. Water and waste water treatment will be the single most important services to restore, both of which require a lot of power for pumping.

Has anybody else been looking into this or considering going over? I gather Bechtel is the primary contractor doing a lot of the work, so subbing to them would be the path. Other than PG&E, I've not yet worked for any such big companies out of my area, nor have I travelled abroad, so there will be a lot of details to work out -- not the least of which is the export restrictions on FPA technology.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,
Scott Willits
Redwood Infrared
http://www.redwoodinfrared.com

Re:post-Tsunami reconstruction pktsgt 1/4/2005
This is a very good question. I would be interested in any info also. I currently work overseas.

Kat Thompson
pktsgt@yahoo.com

Re:post-Tsunami reconstruction Craig 1/6/2005
I am in Africa and it will be interesting to know what opportunities thermal imagining can be applied to save all the valuable time and effort during the reconstruction. Details of anything going will be appreciated.

Brian Mangwende

Re:post-Tsunami reconstruction Craig 1/6/2005
I am in Africa and it will be interesting to know what opportunities thermal imagining can be applied to save all the valuable time and effort during the reconstruction. Details of anything going will be appreciated.

Brian Mangwende
brian.mangwende@bhpbilliton.com

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012