Message Board Thread - "Strap connection for the P65"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Strap connection for the P65 Brimstone 2/8/2005
We just acquired a brand new P65 and so far all I have to say is that it is great and makes IR thermography a lot easier.

I have one question though, where should the strap be attached to? I have looked for pictures, but all of them show the camera without the strap.

The P65 has a hook in the back, below the viewfinder this is of course one point to attach the strap, but what is the other point? My boss attached both ends to this hook but it is terribly unconfortable. I dettached one end and attached it to the hook where the hand strap is connected, but it still feels a little funny. So where should I attach it?

Thanks in advance

Re:Strap connection for the P65 hampton 2/8/2005
Your boss is right this time!

Re:Strap connection for the P65 Brimstone 2/8/2005
Then I have to say the camera has an ergonomic error, because this is a very unconfortable way to attach the strap

Re:Strap connection for the P65 Jim Haney 2/9/2005
Hi,

You're attaching the hand strap to the wrong place. The two chrome plated loops are for the hand strap. The dark grey painted loop under the viewfinder is for the drop strap. You use the drop strap around your neck in case you have to hang the camera to use two hands, or in case you actually drop the camera. Please refer to your picture and look a little closer at the hand strap connection points.

Regards,

Jim

Re:Strap connection for the P65 Jim Haney 2/9/2005
In addition, the picture you posted has a hand strap on it.

Re:Strap connection for the P65 Brimstone 2/10/2005
Ok I will try it that way again. Maybe the first time I gave up too soon

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012