Message Board Thread - "Equine Thermography Course - Ohio State University, College of Veterinary Medicine"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Equine Thermography Course - Ohio State University, College of Veterinary Medicine Gary Orlove 8/11/2005
October 20-23, 2005

The Ohio State University
Veterinary Teaching Hospital
601 Vernon Tharp Street
Columbus, OH, 43210

Equine thermography is one of the most innovative new non-invasive diagnostic techniques that can help you detect, confirm and document a problem before the onset of a more serious injury. Before ethnography, veterinarians could only locate a problem with observation or palpation but with equine thermography, an abnormality – now called thermographic or infrared abnormality – can show tissue that’s stressed before the affected tissue becomes damaged. This course will cover introductory material regarding thermography as well as multiple applications for equine medicine including hooves, tendons and ligaments, joints, back and muscular conditions, saddle fit, and dynamic examinations using the high speed treadmill. Sunday’s session is for individuals to get one-on-one assistance in thermal imaging technique, camera function, software issues, and report generation. The session will begin with a demonstration of how to perform the basic equine thermal examination and a brief review of artifacts.

Credits: 26
Course fee: $650.00
Course curriculum qualifies for academic portion of Veterinary Thermal Imager certification requirements by the AAT.

For more information and registration see
http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/1385.htm

Gary Orlove
Infrared Training Center

Re:Equine Thermography Course - Ohio State University, College of Veterinary Medicine VeroHMcC 8/19/2005
Gary,

I need to know if this course have simultaneous translator (to spanish) because I dont have a high level of English.

Thank You!

Re:Equine Thermography Course - Ohio State University, College of Veterinary Medicine c-rob 6/15/2006
Gary, will this course be run again or was it a one time course. I would love to learn everything that I can in this field. I am not a veterinarian, just a technician and can not find a lot of courses available in this field. I will be starting my business this summer and the earliest course I can find is in the fall.
If anyone knows of any detailed courses sooner, please let me know. I would love to be in attendance.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012