Message Board Thread - "Trying to build on knowledge"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Trying to build on knowledge Bald Eagle 10/25/2005
I am trying to find a way to get some practical experience with IR. I am using a EX320 and have done some work since acquiring this great tool. I just wonder if there is any type of mentoring done. Being very experienced in Home Inspections we have a mentor program and report review that we use to get all inspectors up to a Minimum Quality level and then they can take advantage of any further mentoring. Any advice?

Re:Trying to build on knowledge sharpimagery 11/1/2005
I am very new and just bought an ex320. going for training next week and would like to keep in touch.

Re:Trying to build on knowledge 2020 11/8/2005
I suggest that before you go out and market any kind of infrared for your home inspections business you start by taking your camera with you and using it without telling anyone. As you come accross issues make a mental note of every condition around you to see what worked. The old saying "you know it when you see it" is very true in thermography and particularly busilding inspections. It takes a while to learn all the particulars and for our industry there is no formal training so we have to make our own.

There will be a class on Infrared and Home Inspections at the upcoming Snell seminar in January 06 in Sarasota FL. I will be publishing a paper on the infrared use for home inspection at that conference. If you are interested I can send you some information.

Jose Colon
2020inspections
info@2020inspections.net

Re:Trying to build on knowledge Bald Eagle 11/13/2005
Jose, contact me with a good number to reach you at. I would like to discuss with you some of my own thoughts on the subject. Ea1@pacbell.net

Re:Trying to build on knowledge rvinson 12/7/2005
jose if possible can you send me some info on using IR in bldg inspections? rvinson @ empire.state.ny.us

thanks

Re:Trying to build on knowledge rvinson 12/7/2005
jose if possible can you send me some info on using IR in bldg inspections? rvinson @ empire.state.ny.us

thanks

Re:Trying to build on knowledge Atlantic-Thermal 12/8/2005
jose if possible can you send me some info on using IR in bldg inspections also

atlanticthermal@nb.aibn.com

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012