Message Board Thread - "B1 Camera Performance"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
B1 Camera Performance Thermal Guy 1/6/2006
Hi Guys/Gals,

How are you? My company has a Flir B1 thermal camera, and I have been using it now for 2 years, and have noticed a couple of quirks with it.

First off the camera cannot see moisture or a temperature differential under hardwood floors. The camera has also a real issue with anything that is glossy.

Also the camera when looking at a wall or roof system with steel studs, it shows very little, other than some air leakage and thermal bridging. For an example I thought I saw thermal bridging, but in fact the sill plate of the wall was full of water. It really through me off because the drywall was dry. I of course confirmed it with a moisture meter.

My question is there anything I can do to change the way I do an inspection, or should I be looking at another camera? Might there be a technique I could use, that I do not know about? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I should mention the gentlemen who sold my company the camera said, that the camera could do all of these things. As you can imagine I am a little frustrated.

Best Regards,

Tim M.

Re:B1 Camera Performance Conrad 1/14/2006
it will, ya just need to learn how to use it first!!!

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012