Message Board Thread - "level I certification?"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
level I certification? infrared bug 1/26/2006
Hi:

I am thinking to get a level-I training and certification before I bought my camera.

My question is that if the field assignment for the level-I exam requires me to have a camera?

thanks

Re:level I certification? Gary Orlove 1/26/2006
You need a camera for the field assignment. The field assignment is not usually completed at a course, so if you obtain a camera after the course, that is fine.

If you have little hope of getting access to a camera after the course, the instructor often lets a student use their camera to gather images for the field assignment during the course.

Gary Orlove
Infrared Training Center

Re:level I certification? irtaps 5/19/2010
Gary Orlove wrote:
d a camera for the field assignment. The field assignment is not usually completed at a course, so if you obtain a camera after the course, that is fine.

If you have little hope of getting access to a camera after the course, the instructor often lets a student use their camera to gather images for the field assignment during the course.

Gary Orlove
Infrared Training Center
My Bcam SD has two different settings Atmospheric and outdoor temp,I understand how to figure and enter into the camera my Treflect and emmissivity levels and how important these settings are in getting an acurate picture as well as focus. I understand that outdoor temp is important if you are inside looking at insulation or moisture problems. But i am outside looking at an engine trying to determine a problem on the engine its self, so do I enter the out door temp and the atmosperic temp and wouldnt they be the same? I am at 3ft from my target and the average temp is 107. I cannot find in my level 1 book how to figure atmospheric temp and the role it plays? Help!
Thank You

Re:level I certification? irtaps 5/19/2010
irtaps wrote:
My Bcam SD has two different settings Atmospheric and outdoor temp,I understand how to figure and enter into the camera my Treflect and emmissivity levels and how important these settings are in getting an acurate picture as well as focus. I understand that outdoor temp is important if you are inside looking at insulation or moisture problems. But i am outside looking at an engine trying to determine a problem on the engine its self, so do I enter the out door temp and the atmosperic temp and wouldnt they be the same? I am at 3ft from my target and the average temp is 107. I cannot find in my level 1 book how to figure atmospheric temp and the role it plays? Help!
Thank You
Never mind i read an earlier not on Treflect and Tambient and how to do this with card board and and emmissivity level set at 1.00 and 0.92 for cardboard. I think I have it figured out now. If I am wrong please let me know. I get my Treflect using tin foil and a setting of 1.00 and enter it into my camera, then get my atmospheric temp or Tambient using card board and E0.92 and enter both into my camera then read the target temp on black tape of E0.95 and this is my final reading correct?

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012