Message Board Thread - "High Reflectance "

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
High Reflectance Padraig 7/1/2002
I have just recently began using thermal imaging for predictive maintenance,and I am having some difficulty surveying the MCC panels on site. All of the panels have a galvanised back panel which is causing high reflectance and creating false hot-spots. I have tried to carry out the surveys in the dark but it is proving very difficult and time consuming. I was wondering if anyone has come across the same problem and may have come up with a simple or effective solution ?

Try this www.netsnh.com 9/19/2003
Hi, here is an idea, I would suggest adjusting the span and level to monitor the hottest temperature and higher that you would consider okay for your MCC panels. The reflections could dissapear leaving you only with hot spots that are above your span and level settings.

Change your position PKS 12/28/2003
I am also facing the same problem some times. Only by changing my position & viewing angle, i am getting the confirmation, whether the same is due to the highly reflectance or actual hotspots.
I am sure this will help you.

PKS

Change your position PKS 12/28/2003
I am also facing the same problem some times. Only by changing my position & viewing angle, i am getting the confirmation, whether the same is due to the highly reflectance or actual hotspots.
I am sure this will help you.

PKS

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012