Message Board Thread - "Where to get IR cameras"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Where to get IR cameras Bldgscientist 5/9/2006
I am in the market for an IR camera and would like to know where to shop for IR cameras. I am interested in the Flir B20HSV and have had little success in finding places that sell them. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Re:Where to get IR cameras john@FLIR 5/9/2006
Hi Bldgscientist,

You can contact FLIR directly for information on the B20HSV at 1-800-GO-INFRA. We can provide you with all of the information you are looking for, pricing, a free local demonstration, or how you can buy or lease one.

You are also welcome to contact me directly. Let us know how we can help.

Thanks,

John Keane
Sales Manager
FLIR Systems
http://www.flirthermography.com/

Re:Where to get IR cameras john@FLIR 5/9/2006
Sorry, if I can help, my email is:

John.Keane@flir.com

Re:Where to get IR cameras Conrad 5/10/2006
I have the b20 hs, don't waste your money on the visual cam option. less than a megapixel and adds a few grand... other than that I really like the images and options...

Re:Where to get IR cameras Bldgscientist 5/10/2006
Conrad, thanks for your candid advice. I too thought the added cost was a little much for the visual picture option. However, I thought it may be of more value if I could get the visual and IR pictures integrated for presentation. i.e. same frame size and composition for each. Your thoughts on that would be appreciated. I think I will likely contact John with Flir for an onsite demo as he proposed to see the unit in action. Thanks for the help!

Re:Where to get IR cameras Conrad 5/10/2006
ez-pz, while you still have your ir image froze, just match it up with a regular digital...

Re:Where to get IR cameras S_Desjardins 10/27/2006
Bldgscientist- I have two P640 thermal imagers (640x480, 309,000 pixel array). I also have the s60 and I am here to tell you that the P640 is approxamately $50,000 each and I think the s60 is slightly lower. The Pros for the p640 is that the camera is lighter, costs about the same, has High Def photos, and has a 1.3 megapixel camera. Really nice camera if your applications require very nice detail. I am not a pedler or a fanboy, I really like the camera. Hope this helps..

Steve

Re:Where to get IR cameras Conrad 10/27/2006
for a 50 k camera... couldnt they add a little more than 1.3 mega pixels? I can buy a good water proof 6 mp for 300 dollars I just don't get it...

Re:Where to get IR cameras S_Desjardins 11/3/2006
Conrad,

I agree that the 1.3 Mpixel camera is very low and according to Flir they had very limited space in the upper portion of the thermal housing, but is a big improvement with regards to the previous models which had less resolution. The main point was that if you needed higher resolution for radiometric photos and detail the P640 is the best on the market today. I have two of them. If you want the most detail and are looking for slightest temp changes this camera can do that for you.

Regards,

Steve

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012