Message Board Thread - "Thermal Imaging Seminar - October 2006"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Thermal Imaging Seminar - October 2006 Gary Orlove 9/7/2006
Equine thermography is one of the most innovative new non-invasive diagnostic techniques that can help you detect, confirm and document a problem before the onset of a more serious injury. Before ethnography, veterinarians could only locate a problem with observation or palpation but with equine thermography, an abnormality – now called thermographic or infrared abnormality – can show tissue that’s stressed before the affected tissue becomes damaged. This course will cover introductory material regarding thermography as well as multiple applications for equine medicine including hooves, tendons and ligaments, joints, back and muscular conditions, saddle fit, and dynamic examinations using the high speed treadmill. Sunday’s session is for individuals to get one-on-one assistance in thermal imaging technique, camera function, software issues, and report generation. The session will begin with a demonstration of how to perform the basic equine thermal examination and a brief review of artifacts.

Credits: 26 Course fee: $650.00 Course curriculum qualifies for academic portion of Veterinary Thermal Imager certification requirements by the AAT.

Contact Vetel Diagnostics at 800.458.8890
See http://www.veteldiagnostics.com/Default.asp?Page=181

Re:Thermal Imaging Seminar - October 2006 c-rob 9/8/2006
I will definately be attending and believe to be bringing another person along. Is there anyone else from Canada planning on attending this seminar?

Re:Thermal Imaging Seminar - October 2006 Ea1Services 9/19/2006
Having just one more use for the camera is worth the expense. I am definetly planning on attending

Jeff
SF Kalifornia

Re:Thermal Imaging Seminar - October 2006 Gary Orlove 12/1/2006
Ea1Services wrote:
just one more use for the camera is worth the expense. I am definetly planning on attending

Jeff
SF Kalifornia
Great idea, let us know how you like it.

Gary Orlove
Infrared Training Center

Re:Thermal Imaging Seminar - October 2006 Ea1Services 12/3/2006
Gary, the class really just grazes over the use of the technology for equine. I am finding it to be more of a "Fun" use for the camera. As for am I succeeding? Yes, but I had an in road to horses and that probably does help. However, owners which I am currently "Practicing" with are getting great benefit from this. I am working with a horse that had a number of problems that are showing up and being treated.

Re:Thermal Imaging Seminar - October 2006 c-rob 12/6/2006
I attended this course as well this October and found it to be an excellent and informative course. My sole use of thermography is with horses with intentions of branching into other animals and perhaps homes (doing my own home was a blast as we built it ourselves). Having prior equine thermography experience was definately a plus and having experience with the cameras was important in order to follow along successfully.

I would definately recommend this course to anyone. The speakers were incredibly knowledgeable and the organizers went above and beyond to make sure that our entire experience in the course as well as around the beautiful town of San Luis Obispo was enjoyable.

Worth every penny! Can't wait for spring when the Canadian snow clears and everyone gets back into the training season!!

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012