Message Board Thread - "How to change the angle of view via SDK?"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
How to change the angle of view via SDK? robertbaggio 9/25/2006
I realized that you might misunderstand my question in my last message because I used word "zoom".

Actually I want to change the angle of view instead of the image size. I think most common camera have function like that.

Re:How to change the angle of view via SDK? Raphael Danjoux 9/25/2006
The camera knows which lens is used.

Property = Object.GetCameraProperty( 23)

In case you save files in formats such as fff, seq, fpf, the lens is directly coded in the file.

Re:How to change the angle of view via SDK? robertbaggio 9/26/2006
When we use ordinary camera to take a picture for a view or person far away from us, usually the view or person looks very small. Therefore we will change the camera's angle of view to make the view or person looks bigger and clearer. Can I do the same thing in A40 via SDK?

Re:How to change the angle of view via SDK? Raphael Danjoux 9/26/2006
The only way the get a different FOV is to change the lens.

It is a manual operation.

When done, the lens recognition is automatic.

Should the new lens be calibrated with the camera, a new set of parameters would be loaded from internal memory.

User must always enter the correct object parameters to compensate for emissivity, reflected apparent temperature, etc.. but calibration curves and temperature calculation is automatic.

Regards.

Re:How to change the angle of view via SDK? Pelle 9/26/2006
Robert

If you want to change the Image size to have a smaller FOV, then just Index in to the Array so that you have something like a 240 x 240 Image. This is up to the programmer to do.

If you do this I would suggest that you only do this when displaying the image and keep the Radiometric files as they are so that you maintain maximum flexibility.

Facts
1. The Sensor 320x240 Fixed in it's position.
2. FOV is selected mechanically by using a different Lens.

Pelle Soderberg/FLIR

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012