Message Board Thread - "Infra Cam"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Infra Cam maloneyandco 11/22/2006
I'm ready to buy. The price for the InfraCam @ $6,500 is really good. I have had the sales rep to my home twice to look at the camera. I'm having a hard time justifying an extra #3,450 for the ThermaCam E45. The resolution is better put do I really need it better? I also liked the feel of the InfraCam better. It was easier to scan what I wanted. Will the InfraCam allow me look professional and present images well enough to do home audits ? I have been self employed in construction for over thirty years and have bought many tools that do the job and don't have all the bells and whistles. I guess I'm justifying the purchase to myself. Also opening up some the subject for more debate.

Does anyone use the InfraCam? Can anyone recommend it?

Thanks
Rob

Re:Infra Cam EXO-Sight Infrared 12/10/2006
I have an InfraCAM and used it just to get some experience, get trained, and just in general get started. As business picks up I hope to move on to something else. The InfraCAM has many drawbacks. In particular the spot cannot move or be removed. Although my camera has a glitch in that the spot disappears at random and may or may not come back. Another HUGE disadvantage is that the images only work with their Quickview software. It will not work with their Reporter or Researcher software. Seems odd that they would make a product that is not compatible with their software. And another drawback is that it only takes 50 images and you have to transfer it via. USB cable to a computer. A compact flash likely would have been easier.

You may want to look at the Mikron IR-100. It is one I am considering looking into. Almost the same resolution, but if you go through ProtechUSA you can get one with better than normal NEDT.

All in all, I am using the InfraCAM to get myself into the business with as little investment as possible. Customers do not seem to mind the poorer quality image. The drawbacks are more regarding actual operation.

Hope this helps,
Darin

EXO-Sight Infrared

Re:Infra Cam john@FLIR 12/15/2006
EXO-Sight Infrared wrote:
an InfraCAM and used it just to get some experience, get trained, and just in general get started. As business picks up I hope to move on to something else. The InfraCAM has many drawbacks. In particular the spot cannot move or be removed. Although my camera has a glitch in that the spot disappears at random and may or may not come back. Another HUGE disadvantage is that the images only work with their Quickview software. It will not work with their Reporter or Researcher software. Seems odd that they would make a product that is not compatible with their software. And another drawback is that it only takes 50 images and you have to transfer it via. USB cable to a computer. A compact flash likely would have been easier.

You may want to look at the Mikron IR-100. It is one I am considering looking into. Almost the same resolution, but if you go through ProtechUSA you can get one with better than normal NEDT.

All in all, I am using the InfraCAM to get myself into the business with as little investment as possible. Customers do not seem to mind the poorer quality image. The drawbacks are more regarding actual operation.

Hope this helps,
Darin

EXO-Sight Infrared
Hi Rob and Darin,

The InfraCAM is an entry level product and may not be ideal for everyone or every application.

With that said, we are keenly aware of feedback from customers like Darin, and are constantly working on improvements to FLIR cameras and software.

While we don't have any specifics yet, when these are avaiable existing camera customers like Darin will be able to upgrade their FLIR camera to take advantage of the improvements.

Best regards,
John Keane
1-800-GO-INFRA

Re:Infra Cam Ea1Services 12/15/2006
John,

A question for you, is there an available upgrade to the Thermacam Reporter software? My version was purchased with the EX320 18 months ago and I do like to keep up on any new features. It would be a great help for more discussion on the use of or even a class on software. I say that because in some cases, its the software that makes the decision on the equipment purchase.

Re:Infra Cam john@FLIR 12/15/2006
Ea1Services wrote:

A question for you, is there an available upgrade to the Thermacam Reporter software? My version was purchased with the EX320 18 months ago and I do like to keep up on any new features. It would be a great help for more discussion on the use of or even a class on software. I say that because in some cases, its the software that makes the decision on the equipment purchase.
18 months old, I'm guessing you have the latest version of Reporter software. The ITC does offer software classes and I believe they may also initiate webinars in 2007 that might be helpful.

Regards,
John

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012