Message Board Thread - "Is Flir quickview SPYWARE"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Is Flir quickview SPYWARE itcwm 12/6/2006
Is FLIR quickview 2 software spyware? I saw when connecting usb to the computer the software shows the serialnumber of the camera. Then software try several times to connect to the Internet. What data is being transferred to what website?

Re:Is Flir quickview SPYWARE Jim Haney 12/6/2006
itcwm wrote:
quickview 2 software spyware? I saw when connecting usb to the computer the software shows the serialnumber of the camera. Then software try several times to connect to the Internet. What data is being transferred to what website?

It's not trying to connect to the internet. It is trying to connect to your camera.

The cameras use TCP/IP to connect to your computer. Think of the camera as a network adapter with a hard drive built in. The camera has an IP address and maps a network drive to your copmputer. The traffic is srictly between the computer and the camera it never attempts to access the internet.

Jim Haney
Technical Support
FLIR Systems, Inc.
Office: 978-901-8232
Fax: 978-901-8832
FLIR Corporate: 978-901-8000
ITC Corporate: 978-901-8405
mailto:jim.haney@flir.com
http://www.infraredtraining.com
http://www.flir.com

Re:Is Flir quickview SPYWARE itcwm 12/6/2006
The software tries to connect everytime I start quickview to theses 2 site on the internet, not internally:
[64.94.110.11], port 80 [12.158.80.10], port 80

these outgoing connections are not being detected by the XP firewall.

Re:Is Flir quickview SPYWARE Jim Haney 12/7/2006
itcwm wrote:
tware tries to connect everytime I start quickview to theses 2 site on the internet, not internally:
[64.94.110.11], port 80 [12.158.80.10], port 80

these outgoing connections are not being detected by the XP firewall.
If it's Quickview 2 it is just the update feature. It's looking to see if there is an avialible update.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012