Message Board Thread - "New Thermographer Eager to Learn"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
New Thermographer Eager to Learn c-rob 12/6/2006
I am a young girl from Canada, fairly new to thermography.

All of my experience to date is with horses and animals and have been cotacted by quite a few home inspectors about joining up with them to provide them with images that they can include in their home inspection reports.

This does interest me and I have had a lot of fun scanning my own home as we built it ourselves.

My question is.... Where do I start? I understand that FLIR has a home inspection course however I have noticed that it is not offered in Canada where I live but alternatively a course called Building sciences is offered. I do live very close to the Buffalo NY border and could perhaps travel to a course if the first of the two is more suitable for my purpose.

I would assume that I would want the home inspectors to take the same course as well so that the images are being interpreted correctly?

If there is any advice or info that anyone would like to offer I would greatly appreciate it!

Best regards,

Cassie Robinson

Re:New Thermographer Eager to Learn ITC - Canada 12/7/2006
Cassie,

I am the trainer for Canada. I offer a building investigations course which is a two day course.

you can download the training schedule from www.flir.ca.

Feel fre to contact me directly at paul.frisk@flir.com if you have any additional questions.

Hope to see you at the course

Re:New Thermographer Eager to Learn Ea1Services 12/7/2006
c-rob wrote:
young girl from Canada, fairly new to thermography.

All of my experience to date is with horses and animals and have been cotacted by quite a few home inspectors about joining up with them to provide them with images that they can include in their home inspection reports.

This does interest me and I have had a lot of fun scanning my own home as we built it ourselves.

My question is.... Where do I start? I understand that FLIR has a home inspection course however I have noticed that it is not offered in Canada where I live but alternatively a course called Building sciences is offered. I do live very close to the Buffalo NY border and could perhaps travel to a course if the first of the two is more suitable for my purpose.

I would assume that I would want the home inspectors to take the same course as well so that the images are being interpreted correctly?

If there is any advice or info that anyone would like to offer I would greatly appreciate it!

Best regards,

Cassie Robinson
Cassie,

I was in the class with you in SLO in October, its good that your looking into other uses for the camera. My suggestion is to provide the report to the home inspectors clients. As a practicing home inspector and working on the occasional legal case with home inspectors, I will share that the use of the camera for a home inspection goes beyond the scope of a H.I. Some inspectors with cameras can get away with this if they carefully describe their findings as not part of the home inspection but as an added service. Your problem can be working with a newer, less experienced inspector that does not understand home inspection reporting let alone thermographic studies. If your comfortable with marketing, get together with an experienced inspection company and offer your services for added services to theirs. Your independent and have more control over intrepretation of the findings. I would never let the unqualified discuss my work.

Re:New Thermographer Eager to Learn trinity 1/22/2007
Hi Cassie,I'm trying to get started the same as you in Nova Scotia. I would be interested in bouncing ideas of each other if you wish. My direct e-mail is:
dwainemacdonald@eastlink.ca

Re:New Thermographer Eager to Learn collarandhames 2/2/2007
Where in canada are you?
MAybe we can team up?

I' ve got a horse too, and my barn is owned
by a farrier who say's we can help
pre-vet call with solving lameness issues
dave

Re:New Thermographer Eager to Learn Berge 2/4/2007
c-rob wrote:
young girl from Canada, fairly new to thermography.

Best regards,

Cassie Robinson
Cassie, I am a home inspector and have read some uses of the flir in the vet business, I was intrested in marketing to the vets that i have this equipment can you contact me and let me know more about your use and I will in turn share the similar information about the home inspection biz.

Tom
tbberge@charter.net

Re:New Thermographer Eager to Learn c-rob 2/10/2007
Thank you to everyone who has responded to my post thus far. I appologize for not replying sooner. I have been spending most of my winter in Northern Ontario and haven't had a lot of time online since my original post in December.
I will respond to each of you shortly and greatly appreciate the information and assistance you've offered.
Thanks again,
Cassie

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012