Message Board Thread - "Educational/Industrial Thermal Imaging"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Educational/Industrial Thermal Imaging USask 12/20/2006
I am just looking into these cameras and there seems to be a tonne of options.

Can anyone recommend a thermal imaging camera that is low cost, has color display, and can store and output pictures? I teach fundamentals of temperature measurement in an engineering college and would like a thermal imaging camera to compliment our infrared measurement devices. The TI camera wouldn't have to be top of the line, but I would like it to be rugged enough that students who borrow it for their industrial design projects don't damage it easily. A large temperature range would also be a bonus as we do a some fire mechanics research on campus.

Is there used ones out there that people have upgraded? refurbs?

Re:Educational/Industrial Thermal Imaging john@FLIR 12/21/2006
USask wrote:
st looking into these cameras and there seems to be a tonne of options.

Can anyone recommend a thermal imaging camera that is low cost, has color display, and can store and output pictures? I teach fundamentals of temperature measurement in an engineering college and would like a thermal imaging camera to compliment our infrared measurement devices. The TI camera wouldn't have to be top of the line, but I would like it to be rugged enough that students who borrow it for their industrial design projects don't damage it easily. A large temperature range would also be a bonus as we do a some fire mechanics research on campus.

Is there used ones out there that people have upgraded? refurbs?
Hi!

It sounds like the FLIR InfraCAM would be a great fit. It is currenly selling for $6,500, has color, and stores JPEG images. It is simple to use and extremely rugged. Please let us know if we can help.

http://www.flirthermography.com/cameras/camera/1090/

Regards,
John
1-800-GO-INFRA

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012