Message Board Thread - "high speed temperature reading"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
high speed temperature reading darchimède 12/26/2006
I want to read the temperature of a steel wire running at 100 m/min,temperature 1200°C, wire diameter 5 mm.
The aim is to get a signal if a spot of the wire below 1050°C is detected. What is the smallest spot I can detect? I am looking at 10 mm as a minium length. which technology? thanks for your support

Re:high speed temperature reading Shaibal Ghosh 1/1/2007
darchimède wrote:
to read the temperature of a steel wire running at 100 m/min,temperature 1200°C, wire diameter 5 mm.
The aim is to get a signal if a spot of the wire below 1050°C is detected. What is the smallest spot I can detect? I am looking at 10 mm as a minium length. which technology? thanks for your support
Are you going monitor multiple wires passing through a GAS / Electric furnace with guides in wire manufacturing unit?

If yes I am also working with similar project and going to use Flir make ThermaCAM P25F / 50 F for demo with ThermaCAM Researcher. In my opinion it should work as we have tried the same in Boiler tube inspection through flames and it has given us perfect result. So I hope technically it should work

If you try something like this keep me posted.

Regards,
Shaibal Ghosh

PCI LTD, 10A Everest House, 46C Chowringhee Rd, Kolkata, West Bengal - 700071 (India)
Ph: +91-33-22883141 / 2 /3 Fax: +91-33-22883144
Email: pcikolkata@eth.net; shaibalghosh@prime-pci.com
Web: www.primegroupindia.com

Re:high speed temperature reading Bob Berry 1/2/2007
There was a paper presented at Infraramation 2005 called "Using Thermography Technology to Direct Coal Silo Fire
Fighting Efforts, Case Study". This should be of help to you.

Re:high speed temperature reading Rob Milner 1/4/2007
Sir,
for this application you will require a cooled camera that has the capability of capturing portions of frames at rates much faster than 60 Hz.

You would be well served to investigate the SC4000 with a microscopic or close up lens and possibly the software development kit to set up the automatic process monitoring.

At highest speeds, this system can capture 2 lines of pixels in 1 microsecond increments.

Your local FLIR contact should be able to help you with this.

Rob Milner
Central Canada Sales

Re:high speed temperature reading JKEngineer 1/5/2007
I think you may be able to do this without using an imaging system. If so, it would be considerably less expensive.

If you want help exploring that option, contact me.

Jack
Jack M. Kleinfeld, P.E.
Kleinfeld Technical Services, Inc.
Infrared Thermography, Finite Element Analysis, Process Engineering

Bronx, NY 10463

718-884-6644
866-884-6644 toll free
212-214-0919 fax and voice mail

JKEngineer@aol.com or JKEngineer@KleinfeldTechnical.com
come see what we can do for you: http://www.KleinfeldTechnical.com

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums