Message Board Thread - "help me with the right camera"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
help me with the right camera miller0723 1/22/2007
i am thinking of buying a flir e45 for air leakage, roof leaks , moisture intrusion, and a few other things. is the e 45 sensitive enough for this or do i need to go with the ex300? also has anyone ever used the mikron 7800,7815 or the 7815B. i would really like to know how these mikron units hold up to usage and if anyone has ever sent one back how was the service?

Re:help me with the right camera dargen430 1/23/2007
miller0723 wrote:
inking of buying a flir e45 for air leakage, roof leaks , moisture intrusion, and a few other things. is the e 45 sensitive enough for this or do i need to go with the ex300? also has anyone ever used the mikron 7800,7815 or the 7815B. i would really like to know how these mikron units hold up to usage and if anyone has ever sent one back how was the service?
Dear Miller0723,

Thank you for your interest in Flir Systems. The E45 or its sister camera the B2 will do what you want to do with the camera. If you want to move up to the EX300, you will get 4X the resolution plus a slightly more sensitive camera (.10C vs .08C). If you have plans to expand your uses with a camera, the EX300 would be the way to go, but if you are just doing the air leaks, moisture,... the E45 will work fine.

In regard to the Mikron cameras, I always tell customers that if they are looking at a competitor, make sure you get a demo for both cameras. With the Mikron, it is important to test it out in your environment.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need a demo. You can get me at 978-901-8866 or steve.chisholm@flir.com.

Regards,

Steve Chisholm
Flir Systems
Inside Sales Manager

Re:help me with the right camera cannman 1/26/2007
miller0723 wrote:
inking of buying a flir e45 for air leakage, roof leaks , moisture intrusion, and a few other things. is the e 45 sensitive enough for this or do i need to go with the ex300? also has anyone ever used the mikron 7800,7815 or the 7815B. i would really like to know how these mikron units hold up to usage and if anyone has ever sent one back how was the service?
I do a lot of stuff with my E series, it works fine. Remember your technique is very important,and don't forget software- word based software works well, report time and merging properties are important. Most important is class time.

www.infraredsurvey.com

Re:help me with the right camera Ea1Services 1/26/2007
miller0723 wrote:
I like my Ex320 and its made me money. What I have discovered is that the Fluke cameras come with a feature and software that provides a "Morphing". For working with homeowners or persons untrained this is a valuable idea that I would ask FLIR's software guys to adopt. My one request is to come up with a way those of us with older systems/software could use it as well.

Has anyone come up with a way to accomplish this. I have been looking on "Google" at a couple of applications but their "writers" don't do a very good job of answering questions.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012