Message Board Thread - "How to start a career in the IR Branch"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
How to start a career in the IR Branch IRvirgin 1/24/2007
I am really interested in getting into the IR industry and start my own company specializing in home energy saving solutions. I have never held a IR camera and i have no background in building industry but i am willing to jump in the deepend.

I know this seems a crap question to ask experts but i really find this an interesting industry :-) plus i am sick of my office job. I am based in Sweden so if someone has european tips that would be super.

Thanks

Re:How to start a career in the IR Branch cannman 1/26/2007
Before you do IR you need to be skilled in what you are shooting in other words if you are a building guy than concentrate on that subject.This is only a tool a very powerfull tool that enhances things to the nth degree.
Pictures are awsome but the pics need to be understood .This tool has sparked a lot of interest but like any other tool you need to know what it can and can't do.Don't get me wrong this is a great industry and there is plenty of room for eager thermographers, just put education first not the pictures.

www.infraredsurvey.com

Re:How to start a career in the IR Branch cannman 1/26/2007
Before you do IR you need to be skilled in what you are shooting in other words if you are a building guy than concentrate on that subject.This is only a tool a very powerfull tool that enhances things to the nth degree.
Pictures are awsome but the pics need to be understood .This tool has sparked a lot of interest but like any other tool you need to know what it can and can't do.Don't get me wrong this is a great industry and there is plenty of room for eager thermographers, just put education first not the pictures.

www.infraredsurvey.com

Re:How to start a career in the IR Branch IRvirgin 1/26/2007
cannman wrote:
you do IR you need to be skilled in what you are shooting in other words if you are a building guy than concentrate on that subject.This is only a tool a very powerfull tool that enhances things to the nth degree.

www.infraredsurvey.com
Thanks Cannman,

Its seems that i need to get a Level 1 Thermographer before i start in the branch? Please could you give me some information on how you started in this Branch?

If i invest in a camera what is the best brand? and what model would you recommend for house surveying. I have checked out you site and its full of really useful stuff :-) thanks for your support.

Re:How to start a career in the IR Branch cannman 1/27/2007
send me an email I have a lot of things I would do over

www.infraredsurvey.com

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012