Message Board Thread - "flir vs. fluke vs. mikron"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
flir vs. fluke vs. mikron miller0723 1/29/2007
i havent bought a camera yet but hope to very soon. i still am having trouble deciding on which one to purchase. i like the flir e45,ex300 and the ex320. i was told that to the fluke system was a better choice for my application because of the digital camera built in and the better software that fluke has. i also like the mikron system and does offer alot of features that will be important to me, the 7800 and 7815B was the cameras that i like. i will be doing energy audits, building inspections, air leakage, water intrusion, insulation surveys, and mold and mildew. maybe a few more things but mostly these. i really want to get the most for my dollar and would really be thankful if anyone can help shorten the list for me.
thanks, william miller
thermalconcepts1@bellsouth.net

Re:flir vs. fluke vs. mikron john@FLIR 1/29/2007
Hi William,

I would encourage you to get a product demonstration. The cameras all look similiar on paper, but when you see them in person you'll note significant performance differences.

You may also want to consider the FLIR B20HS. It has the best thermal sensitivity and image quality of ANY 240 X 320 camera. It is also available with visual. We also have Pre-owned cameras available.

http://www.flirthermography.com/

Best regards,
John Keane
1-800-GO-INFRA

Re:flir vs. fluke vs. mikron Ea1Services 2/17/2007
William,

I was just scrolling through the past posts and came across yours. I think that you may want to ask yourself one question when comparing FLIR Vs FLUKE. Who is the client going to be? If your working more with a HomeOwner then yes the added feature of digital with the morphing feature has value as that client would appreciate it. IF on the other hand you dealing with structural, electrical or mechanical engineering types, I don't believe they will care so much for the feature. Remember also, that the morphing feature that Fluke is offering only works in an electronic demonstration to the client. Once you produce the report, its locked just like all others.

Re:flir vs. fluke vs. mikron Thomas Gray 4/3/2007
miller0723 wrote:
t bought a camera yet but hope to very soon. i still am having trouble deciding on which one to purchase. i like the flir e45,ex300 and the ex320. i was told that to the fluke system was a better choice for my application because of the digital camera built in and the better software that fluke has. i also like the mikron system and does offer alot of features that will be important to me, the 7800 and 7815B was the cameras that i like. i will be doing energy audits, building inspections, air leakage, water intrusion, insulation surveys, and mold and mildew. maybe a few more things but mostly these. i really want to get the most for my dollar and would really be thankful if anyone can help shorten the list for me.
thanks, william miller
thermalconcepts1@bellsouth.net
We at CNA bought 22 FLIR cameras in 2005 and 2006.

We bought 0 cameras from the other 2 vendors.

Re:flir vs. fluke vs. mikron Jerry Lawrence 4/3/2007
Thomas Gray wrote:
We at CNA bought 22 FLIR cameras in 2005 and 2006.

We bought 0 cameras from the other 2 vendors.
Mr. Gray,

Can you share the applications CNA is currently using IR for?

I am a 30 year property adjuster (independent) specializing in commercial and high end residential. I became a Certified Building Science Thermographer late last year through ITC and am exploring IR applications for commercial and residential building and insurance inspections.

In the insurance area I see potential for Underwriting, Risk Management, Pre-loss & Post-loss evaluations.

Does CNA out source any IR projects?

Thanks,
Jerry Lawrence
contact@americaninfraredconsultants.com

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012