Message Board Thread - "Reporter 7 issues"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Reporter 7 issues R. Misener 2/6/2007
Does anyone know if Reporter 7 is compatable with Windows Vista? It will not let me install it on this operating system. Are there any updates or newer versions for this?

Re:Reporter 7 issues Raphael ITC Eurasia 2/7/2007
Reporter 7 was not developed to be Vista compatible.
Use Reporter 8 instead.
Regards.

Re:Reporter 7 issues Michael 2/7/2007
and how much does the Reporter 8 upgrade cost?

ps
Throw Vista in a drawer for a year or two and wait for something that resembles a quilt is formed from the multitude of coming patches.

Re:Reporter 7 issues Ea1Services 2/13/2007
Michael wrote:
much does the Reporter 8 upgrade cost?

ps
Throw Vista in a drawer for a year or two and wait for something that resembles a quilt is formed from the multitude of coming patches.
I was quoted $2500. The problem was that I was looking for some written discriptions on why I would want to upgrade and did not receive a good answer.

Re:Reporter 7 issues Michael 2/15/2007
Ea1Services wrote:
I was quoted $2500. The problem was that I was looking for some written discriptions on why I would want to upgrade and did not receive a good answer.

What is the problem Mr. Low-Budget? Huh? Is $2500 too much for you to shell out for Vista support? hmmm? Microsoft and FLIR need your support. If everyone questioned the way you do..... well, hell- they might go out of buisness. Oh, wait- nevermind. I forgot about the whole monopoly thingy. Nevermind. Pay $2500 and comply. At least you'll have all of the new OS X knock-off interface WITH the "NEW!" Reporter 8!! So you see, you are paying $2500 so that you may run Microsoft's latest garbage along with FLIRs latest update to Reporter 7.0. Cha-CHING!! I can just see the FLIR bean counters, sitting there with tracers and blurs for phalanges as they tally the net profit of this latest scam. Dreams of leaving Exxon in the dust as the dollar signs dance on their heads...

Re:Reporter 7 issues Ea1Services 2/16/2007
Not sure where your going with the sarcasium. My point is that in order to make an educated decision on any purchase, I like to be able to compare facts Versions 7 vs Version 8. Would FLIR issue some form of document one could read so we don't have to rely upon salespersons.

Re:Reporter 7 issues Pelle 2/16/2007
If you want more info on Reporter 8 follow link below

http://www.flirthermography.com/software/swf005.asp

Pelle

Re:Reporter 7 issues Ea1Services 2/17/2007
Pelle wrote:
want more info on Reporter 8 follow link below

http://www.flirthermography.com/software/swf005.asp

Pelle
I knew if put right someone would post what I requested THANK YOU!

Re:Reporter 7 issues R. Misener 2/26/2007
Reporter 8.0 Does not work with windows Vista. We'll have wait for the next upgrade.

Re:Reporter 7 issues Pelle 2/27/2007
Installing Reporter 8.0 on Vista

The 8.0 SR1 can be installed on Vista. However, the installation procedure on Vista requires a workaround.
From the start button, right click on Command prompt and Run as – Administrator. If you do not have administrator’s rights, you have to ask IT department for help.
In the Command window, change directory to the CD drive and type “setup”.

Pelle

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012