Message Board Thread - "Can't use IR Camera during the summer months"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Can't use IR Camera during the summer months Pat_R 4/7/2007
A sales rep was trying to tell me that I wouldnt be able to use an IR camera (for building thermography purposes) effectively during the summer months due to their being less of a temp. difference between indoors/outdoors. Is this a true statement??

Re:Can't use IR Camera during the summer months R. Misener 4/7/2007
Pat_R:

Keep in mind the optimal temepature difference is 10 Degrees Celcius(5 being minimum). During the hottest summer months it will be more difficult to get accurate measurements. You may have to do inspections in early mornings or late evening when the temp outside cools down. Also if the customer has air conditioning this will aid in the temp difference during the day. So I guess to answer your question, yes that statement was partially true. You'll just have to be sure you have an adequate temp difference.

Re:Can't use IR Camera during the summer months Raphael ITC Eurasia 4/10/2007
Nights of summer months are also ideal for checking flat roofs and terraces. You need a strong day solar load to perform such an inspection. Humid areas will appear with a nice contrast on the thermal image.

Re:Can't use IR Camera during the summer months Pat_R 4/12/2007
Ok, thanks for the info folks. I guess its not such a major problem - or at least one I can work around. I'm based in Ireland where the summers are far from great anyways so that should make it even less of a problem.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012