Message Board Thread - "Video Capture"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Video Capture Ea1Services 5/1/2007
I have no experience with the video capture idea and was thinking of adding it to my service for equine or building work. Does anyone have any experience/opinion as to whether this works with the Ex 320. I did see that Acros has a DVR device, and wonder what special equipment would be required.

Re:Video Capture IRJay 5/1/2007
Any video capture device that accepts RCA campatible phono plug will work. DVR or camcorders (with video input) all will work. I will suggest a DVR such as the Archos series as they will digitize the signal on capture where a camcorder will need an extra step to recieve into video software. Movie maker which is a part of XP or Sony Screen blaster (and others) will work well for editing and creating files or DVD for client use.

Re:Video Capture Chuck Lambert 5/1/2007
Ea1Services wrote:
no experience with the video capture idea and was thinking of adding it to my service for equine or building work. Does anyone have any experience/opinion as to whether this works with the Ex 320. I did see that Acros has a DVR device, and wonder what special equipment would be required.
I use a Aiptek (www.aiptek.com) P-DVR digital camcorder. Avaialable at Circuit City.

chuck

Re:Video Capture thermalconcepts.net 5/3/2007
Chuck Lambert wrote:
I use a Aiptek (www.aiptek.com) P-DVR digital camcorder. Avaialable at Circuit City.

chuck
I have the archos av700. It work pretty good. I saw it when i was going through training with ITC. The instructor had one and i just had to have one too. You know boy toys. I say that the archos is very easy to use with the camera and it hooks up really simple. I also bought the travel av cables and the DC charger for the car. The USB charger is great to charge from the computer and just add the DC plug( cig. lighter) to the USB it works great. Most all accessories can be bought from ebay including the unit.

Re:Video Capture Toolman 5/7/2007
thermalconcepts.net wrote:
I have the archos av700. It work pretty good. I saw it when i was going through training with ITC. The instructor had one and i just had to have one too. You know boy toys. I say that the archos is very easy to use with the camera and it hooks up really simple. I also bought the travel av cables and the DC charger for the car. The USB charger is great to charge from the computer and just add the DC plug( cig. lighter) to the USB it works great. Most all accessories can be bought from ebay including the unit.
I also have the AV700 & use it with the EX320 - works great & really easy to use! Archos now has a couple units with built-in WiFi.....might check them out

Re:Video Capture HVAC 6/12/2007
Get a tv tuner card $79.00 and a 65ft video cable (radio shack) 19.99 and you can plug into your laptop, recording straight to DVD while client can see on lap top screen instead of looking over your shoulder. Edit DVD later.

Re:Video Capture cannman 6/28/2007
Ea1Services wrote:
no experience with the video capture idea and was thinking of adding it to my service for equine or building work. Does anyone have any experience/opinion as to whether this works with the Ex 320. I did see that Acros has a DVR device, and wonder what special equipment would be required.
I use video all the time its great I use an inexpensive camcorder from bestbuy. Go to my site I have several video's and email me I will be glad to help.

www.infraredsurvey.com
John C

Re:Video Capture Allinson_Associates 7/1/2007
Ea1Services wrote:
I used to capture video output from my FLIR E series camera onto a SONY camcorder. This is how I captured a Great White Shark Carcharodon carcharias breach in South Africa in 2004. I now use a P65HS camera with burst recording and ThermaCAM Researcher Pro software. I am presenting at InfraMation 2007 ... IR goes on Safari. Will be headed back to South Africa before the conference ... perhaps I will be fortunate enough to capture another full breach of a Great White Shark .. this time with burst recording.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012