Message Board Thread - "Marble surfaces"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Marble surfaces Intertec 9/26/2007
I am wondering if anyone might have some information on marble surfaces using infrared. I was asked to look at a building made out of marble and was hoping to get some information before doing the work.
One of the questions I have does the veining of marble effect the images in any way, and if it does effect it, in what way

Re:Marble surfaces JMHelms 11/8/2007
Intertec wrote:
ndering if anyone might have some information on marble surfaces using infrared. I was asked to look at a building made out of marble and was hoping to get some information before doing the work.
One of the questions I have does the veining of marble effect the images in any way, and if it does effect it, in what way
The first question I would tackle is the emmissivity of the reflective surface.What are you looking for?? I would think that it would act just like glass. You might try construction paper or a sheet to look at large areas. In the event that you would be able to see the "veining", my hypothesis is that your darker "veins" would show up better in IR than the rest of the marble depending on color of the marble and absorption of the radiant heat of the sun, if applicable. Of course, shooting with a varied color pallete could give you more detail as well. I am interested to hear of and see your results. Best of Luck!!

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012