Message Board Thread - "Infrared add on to home inspection"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Infrared add on to home inspection Tim 10/22/2007
Hello all, Let me just say I am very excited to have found this web site. I am eager to dive into the world of thermal imaging to enhance my home inspection buisiness. I have a few questions to ask as I have done a bit of research into cameras, courses etc. Thanks in advance for answering all or any of these. I am located on the Olympic Penn in Wash state. So I'm looking for courses or training in the northwest. Can anyone recommend or not recommend any of the thermal imaging learning institutes? Is thermography level 1 the course I should take?Secondly As far as home inspecting goes is a camera such as the fluke t-30 or the flir B2 sufficient for my needs, enough pixels? 160x120 I believe, or do I need the 320x240 or what have you. Recommendations on lenses, cameras used or new, pros and cons are all appreciated. Lastly what are common fees for infrared home inspections, hourly or in conjunction with a visual home inspection? Thanks again for your time and this website. This is a big jump for me financially and I want to go in with as much knowledge as possible. Tim Halpin - Pacific Inspection Services.

Re:Infrared add on to home inspection dargen430 10/31/2007
Tim wrote:
ll, Let me just say I am very excited to have found this web site. I am eager to dive into the world of thermal imaging to enhance my home inspection buisiness. I have a few questions to ask as I have done a bit of research into cameras, courses etc. Thanks in advance for answering all or any of these. I am located on the Olympic Penn in Wash state. So I'm looking for courses or training in the northwest. Can anyone recommend or not recommend any of the thermal imaging learning institutes? Is thermography level 1 the course I should take?Secondly As far as home inspecting goes is a camera such as the fluke t-30 or the flir B2 sufficient for my needs, enough pixels? 160x120 I believe, or do I need the 320x240 or what have you. Recommendations on lenses, cameras used or new, pros and cons are all appreciated. Lastly what are common fees for infrared home inspections, hourly or in conjunction with a visual home inspection? Thanks again for your time and this website. This is a big jump for me financially and I want to go in with as much knowledge as possible. Tim Halpin - Pacific Inspection Services.
Tim,

Welcome to the world of infrared. FLIR Systems has handheld cameras that starta 120 x 120 pixel count and go all the way up to 640 x 480 pixel count. Please give us a call at 1-800-464-6372 or email me at stsve.chisholm@ FLIR.com and we can discuss what we have to meet your camera needs and the training options.

Regards,

Steve Chisholm
FLIR Systems
Inside Sales Manager
steve.chisholm@FLIR.com

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012