Message Board Thread - "Success Story using SF6 GasfindIR"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Success Story using SF6 GasfindIR supIRman 12/19/2007
Hello fellow thermographers! I just would like to know if you have any success story that you can share to me on the SF6 camera usage.

I have clients that are very interested in purchasing the unit but they need to know the cost benefits of acquiring one.

Thanks

Re:Success Story using SF6 GasfindIR Doctir bob 12/19/2007
I took this camera to an East Coast utility to try it out and the results were quite good. I would be happy to email a technical paper we wrote as well as videos of leaks. We found a leak in a rupture disk 40 feet away, plus other leaks in comprssor cabinets including cracked bellows, diaphragm and connections.

"Sniffers" with some effort can find compressor cabinet leaks, albeit much slower than the GasFindIR LW. But you are not going to sniff rupture disks at 40 feet near 500KV power.

Re:Success Story using SF6 GasfindIR IRon Man 1/8/2008
Hi doctir bob! Thank you for your reply.
I would be glad if you could give me a copy of the technical paper you mentioned.

It would be a great help. Thanks

Re:Success Story using SF6 GasfindIR NeRdHeRd 5/2/2008
I use the SF6 GasfindIR all the time. I have nothing but good luck finding gas leaks. The only time the leaks are difficult to find is when it is real windy out. Other than that this is a great investment for finding costly leaks.

Re:Success Story using SF6 GasfindIR Laland 5/2/2008
Doctor Bob, please provide me a copy of your technical paper on this item.

Re:Success Story using SF6 GasfindIR eoliva1 5/3/2008
Doctir bob wrote:
this camera to an East Coast utility to try it out and the results were quite good. I would be happy to email a technical paper we wrote as well as videos of leaks. We found a leak in a rupture disk 40 feet away, plus other leaks in comprssor cabinets including cracked bellows, diaphragm and connections.

"Sniffers" with some effort can find compressor cabinet leaks, albeit much slower than the GasFindIR LW. But you are not going to sniff rupture disks at 40 feet near 500KV power.
I would like to have a copy of the paper you wrote. We have some leaks on some of our breakers and are interested in how you use the camera.

Re:Success Story using SF6 GasfindIR Jerry Lawrence 6/20/2008
Doctir bob wrote:
this camera to an East Coast utility to try it out and the results were quite good. I would be happy to email a technical paper we wrote as well as videos of leaks. We found a leak in a rupture disk 40 feet away, plus other leaks in comprssor cabinets including cracked bellows, diaphragm and connections.

I would love to see your paper and videos, please send to contact@go-ir.com.

Thanks,
Jerry

Re:Success Story using SF6 GasfindIR Laland 6/24/2008
Please do provide me a copy also. My email ad is specscebu@yahoo.com

Laland

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012