Message Board Thread - "Heat loss survey"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Heat loss survey Inspectorpete 1/22/2008
Hello, this is my first post.

I am doing a heat loss survey on a 3 story building that was built in the mid 1800s.

First floor is a cafe, the second and third floors are 2 two bedroom apartment each.

The exterior of the building is brick and I was hoping for any suggestions that will help me with this inspection.

I will be using a Flir B-Cam SD and live in NH so it's been cold here.

Thanks for any help and I look forward to many more posts here.

Re:Heat loss survey Gary Orlove 1/31/2008
Take the Free BCAM Basics web course to find info on building surveys.

http://www.infraredtraining.com/courses/bcam_basics.asp

Gary Orlove
Infrared Training Center

Re:Heat loss survey cannman 1/31/2008
Inspectorpete wrote:
this is my first post.

I am doing a heat loss survey on a 3 story building that was built in the mid 1800s.

First floor is a cafe, the second and third floors are 2 two bedroom apartment each.

The exterior of the building is brick and I was hoping for any suggestions that will help me with this inspection.

I will be using a Flir B-Cam SD and live in NH so it's been cold here.

Thanks for any help and I look forward to many more posts here.
You need to know how the mechanical system is operating- The reason for heat loss is one thing but the way the heat is transfered is always married to the mechanical system.The air is brought in and out of the building with the HVAC.
so along with a building course you need HVAC info.The V part at least.The ventilation system moves the heat around.If the building is in a negative or a positive should be part of your findings.If you don't investigate the test and balance of the air system then I think you only have half of the report.IR pictures will help you find the where the problem is but the mechanical system is part of why there is a problem.

Re:Heat loss survey Thermaview (North West) 12/20/2010
Gary Orlove wrote:
e Free BCAM Basics web course to find info on building surveys.

http://www.infraredtraining.com/courses/bcam_basics.asp

Gary Orlove
Infrared Training Center

You said the course was Free but I am being asked to pay!

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012