Message Board Thread - "Why HVAC guys should have IR.."

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Why HVAC guys should have IR.. cannman 1/27/2008
All HVAC guys should have an IR camera .IR can be the best tool a tech can have.Building guys know buildings and on normal scans can catch things like this.But if a building guy doesn't know the dynamics of HVAC they only know half the story.
All buildings are effected by the HVAC and if these part of buildings are not looked at on a routine investigation the infiltration and moisture problems aren't answered only discovered.
HVAC is the next course FLIR should give-
Who agrees? I would say yes I know have countless examples.
As an commercial HVAC/commisioning guy my E25 is glued to my hand!
Remmember its not the surgery its the surgeon.Even cheaper cams can perform well.
John Cannamela
www.infraredsurvey.com

Re:Why HVAC guys should have IR.. Brad Carr 1/27/2008
cannman wrote:
C guys should have an IR camera .IR can be the best tool a tech can have.Building guys know buildings and on normal scans can catch things like this.But if a building guy doesn't know the dynamics of HVAC they only know half the story.
All buildings are effected by the HVAC and if these part of buildings are not looked at on a routine investigation the infiltration and moisture problems aren't answered only discovered.
HVAC is the next course FLIR should give-
Who agrees? I would say yes I know have countless examples.
As an commercial HVAC/commisioning guy my E25 is glued to my hand!
Remmember its not the surgery its the surgeon.Even cheaper cams can perform well.
John Cannamela
www.infraredsurvey.com
Interesting image. Can you post more. I'm doing energy efficiency testing and this topic ties in nicely.
Regards, Brad

Re:Why HVAC guys should have IR.. rbushee 1/28/2008
I agree, this is a tool that can not only give clues to flow problems, it can also help a mechanic look for future problems that are only starting, thinks like electrical connections, air flows through the coils, and compressors. Infrared imaging is a tool that can be use as a time saving tool when doing inspections and trouble shooting.

Re:Why HVAC guys should have IR.. Ea1Services 2/25/2008
I only recently have considered this and since I am teaching HVAC would like to add IR as part of the process. I agree a Webinar on how to use the tech for energy inspections is a needed event!

Re:Why HVAC guys should have IR.. M. Melgert ABT bv. Level 1 thermographer 6/25/2008
Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago I checked a cooling sealing that runs on cooled water. I could easy see what the temparature was (after compansating ofcourse)
What also was very handy to see with the IR-cam was how good the cooling-sealing works.
You kan see the one in the middle does'nt work properly. The temparature of de sealing turned out to be one degrees to high in temperature, so we adapted the temperature in the pc, so now it does what it has to do.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012