Message Board Thread - "ir survey of 13,200 outdoor transformers and oilswitchs"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
ir survey of 13,200 outdoor transformers and oilswitchs heathunter 2/7/2008
we currently survey our 13,200 outdoor gear by removing the doors on a yearly basic.our i/e people dress in a level three suit and remove them for the survey.does anyone know if the hawk ir glass can be installed in these and if so will they affect the rating on the cabinets.we are looking at this from a safety standpoint.we have the hawk ir glass in other switch gear cabinets of 480 volt.i use a flir p65 on my surveys.thanks in advance

Re:ir survey of 13,200 outdoor transformers and oilswitchs IRJay 2/7/2008
Sounds like you need to do some research and get vendors to bring the products to you with the specifications and determine the suitability. Level 3 suits in 13,200 switchgear? I would do an arcflash study and get those energy levels determined before anything else.

Re:ir survey of 13,200 outdoor transformers and oilswitchs gallies 2/13/2008
heathunter wrote:
ently survey our 13,200 outdoor gear by removing the doors on a yearly basic.our i/e people dress in a level three suit and remove them for the survey.does anyone know if the hawk ir glass can be installed in these and if so will they affect the rating on the cabinets.we are looking at this from a safety standpoint.we have the hawk ir glass in other switch gear cabinets of 480 volt.i use a flir p65 on my surveys.thanks in advance
Heathunter,
The installation of the windows should not effect the cabinet panel or door integrity. Your not talking about a nuclear plant where everything has to be analyzed before a sensible modification is done.

My company hasn't done this yet because they don't want to spend the money adding the IR windows.

Therefore we are currently ignoring the getaway cables on the back of all of our metal clad gear
4.16kv, 13.8 kv and 23kv.

The first place we pick up the actual circuit is the riser pole where it goes overhead.

I shoot the back of the doors but would generally only find one thats emergency level already.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012