Message Board Thread - "IR & Tier III Data Center"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
IR & Tier III Data Center Dusty 2/8/2008
Is there a standard for frequency of regular electrical maintenance and/or IR surveys to be performed at a Tier 3 data center? I was talking with a facilities superintendent who asked the question. Of course I wanted to say “every other week”, but decided the prudent thing was to ask the IR community.

Re:IR & Tier III Data Center AtADeadRun 3/11/2009
Dusty wrote:
e a standard for frequency of regular electrical maintenance and/or IR surveys to be performed at a Tier 3 data center? I was talking with a facilities superintendent who asked the question. Of course I wanted to say “every other week”, but decided the prudent thing was to ask the IR community.
I work in a T3 center (thermographer being one of the hojillion hats I wear), and I do our IR surveys every six months or so. Electrical maintenance means different things to different folks, but if you're talking about tightening connections in switchboards, UPS units and PDUs, ideally it should be done five years after construction and then every three after that. That being said, we're going on ten in my center because convincing the Pointy-Haired Bosses that this is a good idea is... difficult.

Re:IR & Tier III Data Center Bob Berry 3/11/2009
"ideally it should be done five years after construction and then every three after that"

Where did you get this from?

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012