Message Board Thread - "FLIR InfraCAM SD vs FLUKE Ti25"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
FLIR InfraCAM SD vs FLUKE Ti25 tuher 2/14/2008
Looking to purchase a low cost Imager for use at a power plant. Anybody have any input on either the InfraCAM SD or the Ti25? Pros/Cons? Comparisons?

Re:FLIR InfraCAM SD vs FLUKE Ti25 dargen430 2/14/2008
tuher wrote:
to purchase a low cost Imager for use at a power plant. Anybody have any input on either the InfraCAM SD or the Ti25? Pros/Cons? Comparisons?
Tuher,

The most important thing is not to buy an infrared camera off a spec sheet without seeing a demo. Please send me an email at steve.chisholm@FLIR.com and I can get you set up with an InfraCAM-SD demo.

Regards,

Steve Chisholm
FLIR Systems

Re:FLIR InfraCAM SD vs FLUKE Ti25 manuel-thermoimagen 2/21/2008
dargen430 wrote:
Tuher,

The most important thing is not to buy an infrared camera off a spec sheet without seeing a demo. Please send me an email at steve.chisholm@FLIR.com and I can get you set up with an InfraCAM-SD demo.

Regards,

Steve Chisholm
FLIR Systems
i had undertand that fluke cameras has no 'service dept' where to ask or get advice about any infrared cameras. maybe im wrong.

Re:FLIR InfraCAM SD vs FLUKE Ti25 InfraredDOC 2/21/2008
manuel-thermoimagen wrote:
i had undertand that fluke cameras has no 'service dept' where to ask or get advice about any infrared cameras. maybe im wrong.
Where did you hear that? Fluke is well-known for it's customer service and technical support. They have produced high-quality, easy-to-use equipment for years! I was an electronics technician in the Navy, and Fluke is all that we used. They make top notch stuff... whether it is a bench scope or a volt stick. I have a Ti55FT and LOVE it. I've never had a problem myself.

A colleague of mine has one of their new Ti25 imagers and said that he was able to see things that the infracam and many other imagers have not... plus he said that it was easier to use and built like a tank. I've read that they can withstand a 6 foot drop! (I'd believe it from personal experience with their multimeters.)

The best thing that I like about my Ti55 is that it has IR-Fusion. You would not beleive how much easier it makes my life. The new Ti25 has the same thing for a lot cheaper. The infracam doesn't have this.

I highly recommend that you get a demo of various cameras that you are considering. There are great cameras built by Fluke and Flir... you just have to pick the right one for you. I'm sure that both the Flir guys and Fluke guys will be more than willing to give you demos at your plant.

Regards,

Ben

Re:FLIR InfraCAM SD vs FLUKE Ti25 IRSteve 2/21/2008
lol... InfraredDoc's reply sounds like a good sales pitch.

I do agree you should always "try before you buy". Don't get caught up with sales pitches and bells and whistles you will never use.

My personal experience with FLUKE service was a direct telephone conversation with a person who told me that the service lab techs will not talk to me over the phone as that is not their job and can get their pay docked for this. If I had a problem with my IR equipment that I request an RMA # and ship my equipment for them to service. Since then I have never called them back for technical questions. BTW it was a question about calibration on a ir gun with a set 0.95 emissivity.

here is my personal experience with the infracam and Ti series (I think it was a Ti30): (my personal opinion here)

1. I do not like the focus on the Ti. The Infracam has more focus sensitivity and control.

2. I like the sliding lens cover of the Ti which acts as an on/off switch.

3. The Background setting of the Ti I think called "RTC" is "wack". you can only adjust when E is less than 1.00. Going back to an emissivity of 1.00 resets the background to something like -15 degrees.

4. The infracam emissivity adjustment is a little pain in that the temperature value does not change until you hit the enter key to lock in the E setting. This has you going into the menues back and forth in order to measure your emissivity correctly. The FLIR P series of cameras change the tmeperature on the fly as the emissivity is being changed.

5. Best On screen display in my opinion goes to the Infracam. My Ti30 was more noisy.

6. The Infracam is lighter and easier on your wrist afer 4 hours of scanning.

7. My Ti30 could not delete images. This could only be done via my computer. This sucks big time for me.

8. Both units are rugged and feel tough in your hands.

9. My TI30 has a scroll wheel for Span and Level. I love this. Brings me back to the good days of analog dials, faster to use and better fine tuning than a button.

So as you can see, both units have advantages and limitations. Personally, I use my InfraCam more than my Ti30 beacuse I have grown to like better and it works better for me in field situations.

This is the next thing. Regardless of the camera you get, with time you will get to love it as you will grow accustom to all it's functions. Then if you move or go to another camera (even a better one) it will feel alien to you and you would say, I like my old camera better. But spend enough time with it and you will grow to love it too.

that my 2 cents.

TaTa For Now...

Re:FLIR InfraCAM SD vs FLUKE Ti25 InfraredDOC 2/21/2008
IRSteve wrote:
InfraredDoc's reply sounds like a good sales pitch.

I do agree you should always "try before you buy". Don't get caught up with sales pitches and bells and whistles you will never use.

My personal experience with FLUKE service was a direct telephone conversation with a person who told me that the service lab techs will not talk to me over the phone as that is not their job and can get their pay docked for this. If I had a problem with my IR equipment that I request an RMA # and ship my equipment for them to service. Since then I have never called them back for technical questions. BTW it was a question about calibration on a ir gun with a set 0.95 emissivity.

here is my personal experience with the infracam and Ti series (I think it was a Ti30): (my personal opinion here)

1. I do not like the focus on the Ti. The Infracam has more focus sensitivity and control.

2. I like the sliding lens cover of the Ti which acts as an on/off switch.

3. The Background setting of the Ti I think called "RTC" is "wack". you can only adjust when E is less than 1.00. Going back to an emissivity of 1.00 resets the background to something like -15 degrees.

4. The infracam emissivity adjustment is a little pain in that the temperature value does not change until you hit the enter key to lock in the E setting. This has you going into the menues back and forth in order to measure your emissivity correctly. The FLIR P series of cameras change the tmeperature on the fly as the emissivity is being changed.

5. Best On screen display in my opinion goes to the Infracam. My Ti30 was more noisy.

6. The Infracam is lighter and easier on your wrist afer 4 hours of scanning.

7. My Ti30 could not delete images. This could only be done via my computer. This sucks big time for me.

8. Both units are rugged and feel tough in your hands.

9. My TI30 has a scroll wheel for Span and Level. I love this. Brings me back to the good days of analog dials, faster to use and better fine tuning than a button.

So as you can see, both units have advantages and limitations. Personally, I use my InfraCam more than my Ti30 beacuse I have grown to like better and it works better for me in field situations.

This is the next thing. Regardless of the camera you get, with time you will get to love it as you will grow accustom to all it's functions. Then if you move or go to another camera (even a better one) it will feel alien to you and you would say, I like my old camera better. But spend enough time with it and you will grow to love it too.

that my 2 cents.

TaTa For Now...

IRSteve,

Not a sales pitch... just my opinion. You are spot on, though. It really is about individual preference in the end, and you get used to what you use on a daily basis (at least until something else better comes along.) For instance, I had a Ti30 for a while too and really wasn't all that impressed with it, but it still did the job for the most part. (Where did they get that bizarre shape anyway?) I think that I'd choose the Infracam over the Ti30 as well... but... I still like my Ti55 the best. I might just have to borrow that Ti25 too if my fiend doesn't stop blabbing about it!

Re:FLIR InfraCAM SD vs FLUKE Ti25 PaulR 2/27/2008
tuher wrote:
to purchase a low cost Imager for use at a power plant. Anybody have any input on either the InfraCAM SD or the Ti25? Pros/Cons? Comparisons?
I would indeed recommend you get a demo of the new Fluke Ti25. Make sure you see it next to the Infracam (SD) and I am sure you will go for the Ti25.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012