Message Board Thread - "Nubie With interesting Question?????????????????"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Nubie With interesting Question????????????????? riobrown26 2/18/2008
i am new to flir and and it really sparks my interest. How do you build a career using FLIR? What type of matierial will block heat from FLIR? My friend sells hurricane windows that are lexan glass and claims these work... thank for your responses...

Re:Nubie With interesting Question????????????????? MR. EXCELLENCE 2/26/2008
HEY NUBIE. JUST GO GET THE B2 YOU CAN FIND ONE ON EBAY. GOT MINE FOR $ 5,500.00 LIKE NEW.

BUILDING INSPECTION IS A FAST WAY TO GET STARTED.

PLAY WITH THE CAMERA FOR SOME TIME AROUND YOUR HOME. THE LOCAL SCHOOL AND EVERY THING YOU SEE.

IT WILL CLICK IN AFTER A WEEK OR SO. AND JUST READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN GET YOUR EYES ON.
THERES A FREE BASIC CAMERA TEST YOU CAN TAKE ON THE INTERNET FROM ITC. GOOD PLACE TO START. BUT JUST GO GET THE FLIR B2. I THINK THATS THE BEST BUY FOR YOUR MONEY. VERYNICE CAMERA. THE ONLY SET BACK ON THAT CAMERA IS THE LINS. BUT I THINK FLIR PUTS THAT THING IN THERE SO YOU WILL GO BUY THE $ 3,500.00 LINS THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE SOLD WITH CAMERA. FLIR MAKES THE BEST CAMERAS BUT JUST LIKE ALL COMPANIES THEY HOOK YOU IN WITH AND YOU THEN FIND OUT THAT YOU NEED TO BUY SOMETHING MORE. ITS OK IF YOU DONT MIND TAKING SHOTS OF A HOUSE FROM 200 FEET AWAY TO GETT THE HOUSE IN ONE PHOTO. THEY SELL THAT CAMERA AS THE BEST FOR HOME INSPECTORS. BUT YOU WILL NEED TO STEP BACK 200 FEET TO GET SOME PHOTOS. OR STEP BACK ABOUT 60 FEET TO TAKE A PHOTO OF A STANDARD INTERIOR DOOR. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW A HOME THAT HAD AN EXTRA 60 FEET OF INTERIOR. SO YOU WILL NEED TO SPEND ANOTHER $ 3,500.00 FOR A LENS THAT CAN WORK ON THE INTERIOR OF A HOME. JUST GET ME GOING ON THAT ONE.

BEST

Re:Nubie With interesting Question????????????????? Derby 4/10/2008
riobrown26 wrote:
w to flir and and it really sparks my interest. How do you build a career using FLIR? What type of matierial will block heat from FLIR? My friend sells hurricane windows that are lexan glass and claims these work... thank for your responses...
If you email the folks at FLIR, they will be sure to give you the benefit of their experience in picking out an imaging device and advising you on appropriate training. After you have have been trained it will be apparent why taking free advice is worth just what you've paid for it. That will get you started on the right foot.

Re:Nubie With interesting Question????????????????? MR. EXCELLENCE 4/10/2008
Nubie. Dont take me wrong i like my flir B2 camera. I think its the best tool for the times.

I had an encounter with a FLIR Rep. That just wanted to push a camera on me. I was glad i did my home work. other wise i would have been suck into something that was not the right tool for me and my building inspection service.

you will find your way. P.S. FLIR is a great company. I have stock in it.

Best

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012