Message Board Thread - "water intrusion inspection"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
water intrusion inspection cocolulu 2/19/2008
I have to do an inspection of water intrusion for a house. However, the house is attaching to the other house so that the IR images can only be taken inside the house instead of taking outside. It is not possible to use the temperature difference created by the sun from outside since the house is attaching to the others. Moreover, the house does not have air conditioner. What should be done in order to find out the water intrusion area of the house in this case?

Re:water intrusion inspection cannman 2/20/2008
cocolulu wrote:
to do an inspection of water intrusion for a house. However, the house is attaching to the other house so that the IR images can only be taken inside the house instead of taking outside. It is not possible to use the temperature difference created by the sun from outside since the house is attaching to the others. Moreover, the house does not have air conditioner. What should be done in order to find out the water intrusion area of the house in this case?
It won't matter -if the water leak is live and contacting the imaged area you should see it- use a water meter for back up

Re:water intrusion inspection cocolulu 2/20/2008
Do you mean that if there is water intrusion, it already will have temperature difference when compare with the dry area even though no artificial temperature difference is added?
Moreover, how about the air void area? Is it possible to detect it in this case??

Re:water intrusion inspection MR. EXCELLENCE 3/14/2008
cocolulu wrote:
mean that if there is water intrusion, it already will have temperature difference when compare with the dry area even though no artificial temperature difference is added?
Moreover, how about the air void area? Is it possible to detect it in this case??
DUDE. YOU WILL SEE THE WATER IF THERE IS A LEAK.
AS FOR THE AIR SEE THIS PHOTO. CAN YOU FIND THE PROBLEM IN THE CEILING?

IF NOT GO TO AN IR SCHOOL. A.S.A.P. IT WILL HELP YOU IN A BIG WAY.

BEST

RON

Re:water intrusion inspection chuck Sweed 3/21/2008
Awesome picture. I havent been through training yet just recieved my camera, but the picture looks like wet insulation

Re:water intrusion inspection MR. EXCELLENCE 3/23/2008
chuck Sweed wrote:
picture. I havent been through training yet just recieved my camera, but the picture looks like wet insulation
NOPE: THE DARK AREA IS GOOD INSULATION. THE LIGHT YELLOW AREA IS HEAT FROM THE SUN. LOOSE INSULATION. INTERIOR CEILING. PHOTO WAS TAKEN AROUND 1:00 PM

ALWAYS USE A MOISTURE METER.

BEST

RON

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012