Message Board Thread - "infrared and Earthquake .. advice.."

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
infrared and Earthquake .. advice.. manuel-thermoimagen 2/21/2008
as you know, i live at california south side, the region has been registering high number of earthquakes in the last weeks (over 400) you can see activity of place where i live here: ( http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/115-33_eqs.htm )

Question, is anybody here had made some infrared test or any ideas how to use infrared in order to detect road bridges or buildings abnormalities after a quake?.

maybe i will need to have images right away before the next sismic activity and then compare with images taken few minutes later or asap after quake, taking care of wheather, wind etc.

regards in advance.
roberto.cruz@thermoimagen.com

Re:infrared and Earthquake .. advice.. G-MAN 3/11/2008
manuel-thermoimagen wrote:
know, i live at california south side, the region has been registering high number of earthquakes in the last weeks (over 400) you can see activity of place where i live here: ( http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/115-33_eqs.htm )

Question, is anybody here had made some infrared test or any ideas how to use infrared in order to detect road bridges or buildings abnormalities after a quake?.

maybe i will need to have images right away before the next sismic activity and then compare with images taken few minutes later or asap after quake, taking care of wheather, wind etc.

regards in advance.
roberto.cruz@thermoimagen.com
Unless you are right there at the right place and time, you won't be able to capture the heat signature of the object(s) as the earthquake happens. In the aftermath, if the time and conditions are right, you may be able to detect heat signatures from the earth( gases, etc) and temp. differantials with the bridge or building structure that have been affected or in contact with the earth ( including broken underground pipes, etc...) Again timing is critical to capture heat signatures.

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012