Message Board Thread - "Commercial Property Inspection-First Time"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Commercial Property Inspection-First Time HITECHSOLUTIONS 3/3/2008
I have a commercial property that I need to look at for air infiltration and water intrusion. I have never performed this before on a commercial property and I'm just looking for some suggestions. The place is in Boston, right now (it's cold) One building is 7 stories tall and one is 10 stories. I'm not sure if it's only exterior shots or both. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re:Commercial Property Inspection-First Time MR. EXCELLENCE 3/13/2008
HITECHSOLUTIONS wrote:
a commercial property that I need to look at for air infiltration and water intrusion. I have never performed this before on a commercial property and I'm just looking for some suggestions. The place is in Boston, right now (it's cold) One building is 7 stories tall and one is 10 stories. I'm not sure if it's only exterior shots or both. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
HEY JUST A QUICK NOTE. DO YOUR THING. GO SHOOT THE BUILDING. DO YOU HAVE A FEW LENS TO WORK WITH AND CAN YOU GET BACK AWAYS. LIKE DOWN THE STREET. I TRY TO GET BACK FROM A BUILD AND COMPAIR SHOTS FROM UP CLOSE. THEN GO RIGHT AND THE LEFT. AND THEN AT AM/SHOTS NOON DAY/SHOTS AND THEN BACK AT NIGHT. ITS A LOT OF WORK.
I CHATGE $ 180.00 PER HR. IT CAN TAKE SOMETIMES 16 PLUS HR TO GET ALL THE IR AND STANDARD PHOTOS. AFTER I GET MY SHOTS I WILL SET FOR SOME TIME AT THE COMPUTER AND LOOK AT EACH SHOT AND PLAY WITH THE COLORS BACK AND FORTH. FROM NEG TO IRON TO RAIN/HC.

CHECK OUT THESE SHOUTS ONE UNCUT THEN THE SAME SHOUT ADJUSTED.

GO FOR IT

BEST

RON

Re:Commercial Property Inspection-First Time MR. EXCELLENCE 3/13/2008
MR. EXCELLENCE wrote:
HEY JUST A QUICK NOTE. DO YOUR THING. GO SHOOT THE BUILDING. DO YOU HAVE A FEW LENS TO WORK WITH AND CAN YOU GET BACK AWAYS. LIKE DOWN THE STREET. I TRY TO GET BACK FROM A BUILD AND COMPAIR SHOTS FROM UP CLOSE. THEN GO RIGHT AND THE LEFT. AND THEN AT AM/SHOTS NOON DAY/SHOTS AND THEN BACK AT NIGHT. ITS A LOT OF WORK.
I CHATGE $ 180.00 PER HR. IT CAN TAKE SOMETIMES 16 PLUS HR TO GET ALL THE IR AND STANDARD PHOTOS. AFTER I GET MY SHOTS I WILL SET FOR SOME TIME AT THE COMPUTER AND LOOK AT EACH SHOT AND PLAY WITH THE COLORS BACK AND FORTH. FROM NEG TO IRON TO RAIN/HC.

CHECK OUT THESE SHOUTS ONE UNCUT THEN THE SAME SHOUT ADJUSTED.

GO FOR IT

BEST

RON
LOOK AT THIS ADJUSTED.

BEST

RON

Re:Commercial Property Inspection-First Time HITECHSOLUTIONS 3/13/2008
Hey thanks ron, wow that is alot of work. I priced the job at $750 I haven't heard anything back from them yet so I don't even know if I'm doing it. But that is great advice. I appreciate it, Thank You

Re:Commercial Property Inspection-First Time MR. EXCELLENCE 3/14/2008
HITECHSOLUTIONS wrote:
nks ron, wow that is alot of work. I priced the job at $750 I haven't heard anything back from them yet so I don't even know if I'm doing it. But that is great advice. I appreciate it, Thank You
YOUR WELLCOME. YOU CAN GO FOR ADJUSTMENT ON YOUR PRICE BY RECOMMEDING FURTHER IMAGING OF AREAS THAT NEED FURTHER REVIEW AND
INSPECTION OF THE BUILDING. EACH BUILDING WILL HAVE ITS ONW NEEDS. REFLECTION WILL ALWAYS BE A PROBLEM AND YOU MAY NEED TO COME BACK AT NIGHT. ALONG WITH FURTHER TESTING BY MOISTURE METERS. TRY TO SELL YOUR SELF AS THE BEST AND GIVE IT YOUR BEST AND DONT SELL YOURSELF CHEAP.
I LIKE TO BUY THE BEST THINGS AND I ONLY CRY ONCE. $ 180.00 AN HR IS A GOOD PRICE FOR INFRAED IMAGING.

GOD BLESS

RON

Re:Commercial Property Inspection-First Time HITECHSOLUTIONS 3/18/2008
Now, what about concrete? One of the buildings is concrete construction. Any ideas for that? Anything I should stay away from? Also your images seem to be at a 90 degree angle to the building. Should I stand that close? I don't know how much room I have on the street to step back. I'm close to getting the job so any help is great.

Re:Commercial Property Inspection-First Time MR. EXCELLENCE 3/18/2008
HITECHSOLUTIONS wrote:
at about concrete? One of the buildings is concrete construction. Any ideas for that? Anything I should stay away from? Also your images seem to be at a 90 degree angle to the building. Should I stand that close? I don't know how much room I have on the street to step back. I'm close to getting the job so any help is great.
CONCRETE IS OK LOOK FOR CRACKS, RUST CONDITION. YOU NEED TO INSPECT JUST AS IF YOU DONT HAVE AN INFRARED CAMERA. THE 2 WORK TOGETHER. CANT HAVE ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER. UP CLOSE AND
FAR-AWAY FROM THE R. AND THE L. QUESTION DO YOU HAVE A LEVEL 1 IN IR? AND DO YOU HAVE INSURANCE ? IF NOT WALK AWAY. IN FACT RUN. RUN. RUN.

BEST

RON

Re:Commercial Property Inspection-First Time HITECHSOLUTIONS 3/20/2008
Yes I am ITC certified and I am insured.

Re:Commercial Property Inspection-First Time MR. EXCELLENCE 3/24/2008
HITECHSOLUTIONS wrote:
m ITC certified and I am insured.
THIS IS GOOD. IM NOT ITC # 1 NOR ANY INSURANCED.
AND IV ONLY HAD MY FLIR B2 CAM FOR 5 MONTHS. AND I HAVE DONE OVER 25 INSPECTION WITH IT.

NOW DO YOU SEE ITS ALL ABOUT YOUR CONFIDENCE AND COMMON THINKING. I JUST RAN WITH IT. IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THE LEVEL 1 CERT. BUT WAS THINKING IT WAS IN PART A BUNCH OF STUFF I WOULD NEVER USE. NOW I HAVE BEEN INSPECTING BUILDING EVERDAY FOR OVER 30 YEARS. I COULD INSP BLIND AND STILL FIND MORE THEN SOME. YOUR OFF ON A GOOD FOOT. NOW RUN WITH IT.

WHAT DO YOU SEE IN THIS PHOTO? EXTERIOR WINDOW NEXT TO A FIRE PLACE 3:00 PM NO DIRECT SUN ALL DAY. BANK REPO. HAS BEEN VACANT FOR 8 MONTHS.

BEST

RON

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012