Message Board Thread - "More water intrusion"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
More water intrusion Ted Berdowski 4/3/2008
Hi Everyone!

I was scanning my friends basement and we found moisture. It was confirmed with a moisture meter. In the attached image between the studs is what interests me. Rm Temp 15.6 C, RH 50%, dist 2m

Has anyone seen anything like this between studs? Vertical longitudinal lines, Could this be evidence of mold? I do not believe its rodent damage as I have Images of rodent damage in insulation that does not appear like that.

Would any one be kind enough to post a image of possible mold growth for comparison to this image

Re:More water intrusion MR. EXCELLENCE 4/3/2008
Ted Berdowski wrote:
yone!

I was scanning my friends basement and we found moisture. It was confirmed with a moisture meter. In the attached image between the studs is what interests me. Rm Temp 15.6 C, RH 50%, dist 2m

Has anyone seen anything like this between studs? Vertical longitudinal lines, Could this be evidence of mold? I do not believe its rodent damage as I have Images of rodent damage in insulation that does not appear like that.

Would any one be kind enough to post a image of possible mold growth for comparison to this image
See the attached photo of a moisture condition with fungus of a exterior wall afjacent to a fire place.

Re:More water intrusion HITECHSOLUTIONS 4/6/2008
Mr. Excellence I really think you need to go and get your Level 1 Certification. Your images are not clear at all.

Re:More water intrusion MR. EXCELLENCE 4/10/2008
WHO. Just trying to help! And i get spit on.

Im sorry i was no help.

Best

Ron

Re:More water intrusion dryfix 11/23/2009
I'm new to thermography and have just bought my first thermoal imaging camera.

I am however not new to builiding inspections or moisture ingress diagnosis, as im a professionaly quialifed remedial surveyor i have been looking and diagnosing damp problems for many years now.

from your image i suspect this is a condensation problem. The image clearly shows a cool tide mark in the corner of the room - attributed to the lack of air flow in the corner of the room - also probebley aplified by furnishings etc restricting air movment. The green is more than likly t be surface moisture.

the above probebely were not apparent at the time of your inspection given the RH. Condensation is however a lifestyle problem created by the occupants - i would suggest you set up a series of data loggers to record the ambient RH, dew point abd temp when your not around. Spot inspections are usless in condensation inspections.

Hope this helps and i don't get shot at!!!

regards

Russ

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012