Message Board Thread - "Emissivity calculation by temperature"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Emissivity calculation by temperature Artem 5/4/2008
Please help me with my problem.
I’m try to program my own software for FLIR A40 using FLIR SDK and I want to find formula to calculating emissivity E2 with known T1,T2 and old value E1 (like a function “Emissivity calculation” in ThermaCAM Researcher). I don’t want use a method ToTemperature() of FLIR SDK, because it’s work only when camera connect to PC and for calculate emissivity it need X and Y coordinate of image pixel but not a Temperature T1. I’m try to integrate Plank’s radiation formula with wavelength band 7.5 -13 mkm to find emmitance (W1) from the object with known temperature T1. Then I dived this emmitance to known emmisivity E1 to find blackbody radiations(Wbb1). Then I use integrated Plank’s formula for new temperature value T2 to find emmitance(W2). Please tell me is I choose a right way? and how I can finish this formula.

Sorry for my bad English. I’m just a Russian student.

Artem.

Re:Emissivity calculation by temperature Pelle 5/5/2008
Artem

You should connect the SDK as Filedevice
i.e. .connect (5,0,2,0,"")
Then the EmissCalc method should work fine.

To be able to help you and draw on resources withing FLIR could you please log this Question in to the http://flir.custhelp.com
Create an account and post this question. This will allow us to draw on further expertise within FLIR.
Pelle

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012