Message Board Thread - "Capturing video with the P60 Flir Camera?"

Back to Threads | Back to Forums

TitleByPosted On
Capturing video with the P60 Flir Camera? Tyler505 5/29/2008
1. What equipment do I need to start capturing video using a P60?
2. Any suggestions on where to look for this equipment?
3. Is there a special software required?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks,
Tyler

Re:Capturing video with the P60 Flir Camera? Gary Orlove 5/29/2008
The P60 has a standard video out port. You can use any device that will record standard video. This includes standard VCR's, camcorders with a video in port (this is what I use for field use), small digital video recorders such as Archos or Cowan, or you can use a video to USB port to your personal computer (Belkin is one manufacturer).

Gary Orlove
Infrared Training Center

Re:Capturing video with the P60 Flir Camera? Tyler505 6/4/2008
Thanks, for the help Gary. I have a few more questions, while recording is it still possible to take images? Also, is it possible to take snap shots off the recorded video and use this for analysis?

Thanks,
Tyler

Re:Capturing video with the P60 Flir Camera? Top Gun 6/6/2008
Tyler505 wrote:
for the help Gary. I have a few more questions, while recording is it still possible to take images? Also, is it possible to take snap shots off the recorded video and use this for analysis?

Thanks,
Tyler
I did this a few years ago with a PM695. With your P60 you can output video that will need to be recorded on a tape deck, the recording will consist of exactly what you see on your camera screen. You can save IR images during this, but the video will show the camera freezing the image then saving it and then resumption of normal live IR action. You can't take video frames and then use them for analysis. You have to have a higher camera like an S65 which can output via fire-wire to the computer fully radiometric images in a 30 frame-per-second rate into a file known as a sequence file. The IR movie can then be analyzed, or you can grab a single frame out of the stream for analysis. Hope this helps!

• Back to Threads
  • Back to Forums

•   Copyright © FLIR Systems, Inc 2012